Anyone know anything about the Audiovox/Advent OTORAV1? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone know anything about the Audiovox/Advent OTORAV1?

I have a 2009 RAV4 Sport with the 'normal' radio and found this online. Does anybody know anything about this system?

Welcome to Advent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,002 Times in 725 Posts
Garage
That looks like a nice unit. At first glance it looks like just another Chinese made head unit, but this one looks a bit more refined. It's the first one I've seen that offers an XM satellite tuner module. But I don't see any SD card slots. Any idea as to who is selling it, and for how much?

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

#3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM

BP . . Yes I can tell you about the OTORAV1 unit. I purchased this pricey unit for my 2008 RAV limited. I do love the way it looks, etc. However, one of the reasons I went with this particular unit (aside from the 'factory look' install) was the bluetooth functions. I need the bluetooth phone functions (and the music streaming was a nice bene) to work with my iphone4. They DO NOT work well at all. Advent says it's Apple, Apple says it's the unit . . . blah . . blah. After hours and hours on the phone and 2 - 200 hundred mile round trips to the installer (not one in my area), I am no closer to a usable unit. I have made sure the software on both the phone and the unit are up to date, I've done soft and hard resets of both, I've tried all the little quirky suggestions (like turn on airplane mode to pair . . ) with no success. If it pairs at all, it will work for a time, then without any good reason . . will disconnect . . then it may or may not reconnect. I don't know about other phone products, but if you are planning to use an iphone with this unit . . . be very aware. As currently stands, the ADVENT OTORAV1 unit (and I suspect the units for other models of vehicles) DOES NOT function as marketing would lead you to believe with the Apple products.
#4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Dimtngirl - I went ahead and got this unit as well. I'm not overly concerned about iPhone functionality as I'm an Android user - mainly want the full functionality and control of my iPod and better overall use of the double din realestate. You mentioned taking it into an installer - do you have any information on the harness adapter they used and do your steering wheel controls still work?

Black 2007 V6 Sport AWD
#5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:27 PM

I cannot find a dealer anywhere? Does anyone have a link where I can find the Advent dealers?

Every site I go to asks me if I want to become a dealer.

Thanks,
Charles
#6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

This looks really neat and blends into the car design.. first aftermarket unit I have seen that looks good this way. Retains the steering wheel functions as well as BlueTooth, DVD, rear camera, preamp outputs, etc.

BUT... no one is selling it that I can find? Did Advent go out of business?

2010 Toyota RAV4 V6 AWD Sport-Sport, Magnetic Grey/Charcoal, Extra Value Pkg, Sport Appearance Pkg, Tow Pkg, BlueLogic hands free
#7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 01:25 PM

I did a google search for OTORAV1 Cost and Price and had some online dealers listed.

Audiovox OTORAV1 - OE Styled Multimedia Nav for Toyota RAV4

Advent OTORAV1 Toyota RAV4 OE-styled multimedia & navigation system at Crazy Stereo

Nothing bricks/mortar yet. Seems to be by far the cleanest solution for the 4.3 RAV. The YouTube video of the install looks very straightforward so that may be the only option.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Wow.. $1500 ... no wonder it isn't real popular. Does look pretty neat though.

I found another similar unit, but it's lacking Sirus/XM radio. At Cruchfield and still pretty spendy at $800, but it also looks really good; this Metra unit includes DVD, GPS, rear camera, phone input, Bluetooth, SD card inputs, OEM steering control plug, preamp out, etc.

2010 Toyota RAV4 V6 AWD Sport-Sport, Magnetic Grey/Charcoal, Extra Value Pkg, Sport Appearance Pkg, Tow Pkg, BlueLogic hands free
#9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2012, 06:37 AM

Will this Advent unit work with 2012 RAV?
#10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 12:56 PM

Just got this UNIT from ADC Mobile. REALLY excited about it. Great warranty and supposed to be the best unit out there period. Havent heard of any complaints so far about Advent units. Supposed to be light years ahead of ROSEN as far as reliability and customer service. I will keep you all informed with the install. I will be installing a backup camera as well. Will probably have it installed by the end of next month if I find the time.

Walt is a stand up guy and gave me a decent price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page