Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Henhao H1014 OEM-style DVD/GPS Official Thread

224K views 803 replies 71 participants last post by  jack black 
#1 ·
This thread will be dedicated to the purchase, install and ownership experience of the Henhao H1014 headunit. I purchased this unit directly from Henhao's ebay store for $339.00 (US$). Shipping was included in the price. I have noticed that you can buy the unit directly from the manufacturer's website for 1505 CNY (Chinese Yuan) which converts to $238.00. There will probably be shipping charges on top of that, but it looks to be cheaper than ebay. Personally, I felt more comfortable buying from ebay & paypal for their buyer protection.

Here is the link to theunit:

7" in dash 2 din Car dvd for RAV4 navigation system - Toyota - Special car dvd - Product Catalog - HENHAO (GROUP) CO.,LIMITED

It is very similar to multitude of oem-style headunits out there as far as looks and features are concerned. GPS runs WinCE 6.0 and the seller provides map with the unit. Night illumination is listed as amber and should match well with the Rav's interior lighting.

That's it for now. I will update with pictures when the unit arrives and the install begins.

See less See more
#690 · (Edited)
I assumed that because FM signal is initially clear (and all other functions work well all the time e.g. GPS, MP3, BlueTooth,...) that grounding is good. Am I wrong to assume this?

Radio is definitely secure.

Note: issue was fixed. My antenna cable was damaged.

#691 ·
I assumed that because FM signal is initially clear (and all other functions work well all the time e.g. GPS, MP3, BlueTooth,...) that grounding is good. Am I wrong to assume this?

Radio is definitely secure.
Yea, when you said it was clear key on/engine off, I just thought maybe its loose or coming in contact with another wire that is giving it some noise or something related when the engine is running...hmmmm

#692 ·
Everyone knows that I have been bitching about the poor FM signal reception on the Henhao unit. The FM sound was definitely crap compared to the OEM radio.

With the help of RickL, I did not some troubleshooting and ... my antenna cable was damaged just at the back of the radio!!!!

I remember pulling hard on that cable (it is very short) the first time took the OEM radio out. The core of the coax cable is only 4 thin filaments, not a thick copper wire.

So, FM reception is not an issue on the Henhao radio.

I used to be 90% happy. Now it's more like 95%. :)

#693 ·
FM on the android unit seems to be good, in fact I think the sound quality improved on the factory speakers when I installed the Android unit. I'll be installing new speakers, amp and sub shortly (starting with just the speakers). Does the Windows 6.0 unit have internet capabilities?

I've spent the last week setting up my android unit, and I'm slowly figuring out all the nuances. I'm happy with it, although it's not perfect, but when I'm done setting it up I think it'll be practical and useful. It's nice to be able to stream netflix or install apps directly from the unit connected to an LTE wifi hub.

Speaking of video, is the windows 6.0 also hamstrung for video playback while driving? Has anyone found a workaround for this?

#707 ·
I am trying to decide on the win or android version and I saw your post. I have a verizon mi-fi hotspot. Are you saying that the android unit will connect to the internet through this or would I need something extra like a usb wi-fi adapter or something. thanks for the info

#694 ·
The Win 6.0 has no built in Internet capabilities.
Read that it had to be hacked to do that. I am not going there.

With Win 6.0, by default the video will play while driving unless you want otherwise. Then you would need to connect it to the parking brake.

I was so gungho about getting the HD screen for playing DVDs when I was purchasing my unit but only 1 video has been played ever since the unit was bought!

#695 ·
OK Does anyone have a problem with the volume not working? I searched the whole forum and found a lot about fluctuating volume, but that's not my problem. Up until yesterday, I was able to listen to the radio, cds, dvds, and Pandora via bluetooth. Now the radio isn't working, and it plays the cd's and dvd's but with no sound. (I can tell the cd's are playing because the tracks come up and are shown as if they're playing.) The weird thing is Pandora still works. And the voices still work in navigation. WTH?! I don't get it.

#697 ·
Alright, I disconnected the battery for a few minutes. Still nothing, and now nothing works! No sound in bluetooth, navigation, nothing. I don't know what to do :shrug: I guess contact Richard? It couldn't be a loose connection because of the way it worked with bluetooth and navigation just yesterday, right?

#698 ·
Try disconnecting for 10 minutes.

If that does not work, you could do a factory reset from the menu but that will set everything to Chinese.
You would then have to remember how to navigate the icons/menu to set default language to English again. I believe is the first language in the language setting is English.

How do I know? I did a factory reset by mistake once :( Let us know how it goes.

#699 ·
Ok, I did a factory reset, completely prepared for everything to be in Chinese. But it defaulted back to English! Interesting in that it is different than yours, however problem not solved. Still no sound. I'm going to pull it out tonight and see if there's an issue with the hook-up. I hope that's all it is, because I really don't want to have to get a replacement.

#700 ·
I suppose you have the Win CE 6 and not the Android version?

If you set the Volume to 2, Go to FM radio and press and hold the CD eject button, do you get a different settings screen. Is there a place to reset the unit there?

Also, try this:
Put the GPS on. Press the Volume icon on the GPS. Then increase the Volume using the Henhao radio button. If that does not work, try increasing the volume with the on the GPS itself. Anything is worth trying. Once I lost volume on all functionalities because I decrease the Volume using my steering wheel buttons while the GPS Volume screen was displayed. I thought I was changing my music volume. So give it a try.

#702 ·
Pretty sure that's WINCE like mine. If the icons are like mine, then it is Win CE. So there is no reset option in this screen it seems.
Was there anything under the FUNC OPTIONAL button to reset the unit?
Can try one more reset from the Settings screen to see it is different this time around?

Have you tried playing with the Volume control in GPS environment?
Have you by any chance muted the radio by pressing once on the Volume button? Press it on more time and see if it changes anything.

#704 ·
Yeah, I've played with the volume control from everywhere hoping it was just muted somewhere. Hit the power button once to make sure it's not on mute. I don't remember what happened when I hit the func optional button, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't an option in there. I'll try another reset. Are there 2 audio outputs? The product description on the website says there is a video and audio output as well as a digital audio output. I'm reeeaaalllly hoping that one, then both came undone in the back and this is a simple fix! :x

#705 ·
Pretty hard to get those wires undone but you never know.

Also, if after doing your reset, all your radio channels are exactly as before, then may be Henhao folks diabled the reset option.

Have you tried going to the GPS volume screen and increasing the volume (1) using the knob and (2) using the Volume functionality on the LCD screen? Set both to max. Then try to play BlueTooth Music.

If you end up checking the wires, just pull the whole radio out. Disconnect all wires. Let it sit for 10 minutes and reconnect.

I am again supposing that you have just one battery in the RAV and that you are simply using the OEM Toyota harness with the the Henhao harness i.e. no hacking into another power supplt, etc...

#712 ·
I downloaded svox and purchased two english language voices. There's no way to access TTS via the main settings menu for android, however when I run svox it lets me access an andoird menu for TTS. I've switched the primary TTS to svox, however when I attempt to preview the TTS voice it doesn't play anything back. This leads me to suspect there is a problem with TTS on the unit.

#713 ·
I am not familiar with android. I was initially supplied with IGO 8 (paid $20 extra for that) from Henhao. They confirmed that it has TTS but I found out that it didn't.

I downloaded several versions of IGO 9 and nothing worked for me.

Finally, a member on the forum helped me get a running version IGO 9 for my Henhao Win CE unit. It has a few minor bugs I can live with.

If Henhao promised TTS, please get on their case and get them to deliver what they promised.

#715 ·
Don't forget to add the $35+ of duty :( unless the invoice shows less.

Please confirm this with Richard:
Can you use GPS if while making a Bluetooth CALL?

Will the GPS have TTS (text to speech), he told me I was getting TTS but did not get TTS with IGO 8. I installed my own IGO 9 but the time on the radio is always one hour off as soon as I start the GPS.

Playing music from the microSD card always makes an annoying hiss at the end of each song. So I stopped using it. I discovered this only a year later as I usually use Bluetooth to stream music off my phone.

I used the DVD player only once and during the day, even if there is no bright sun, the screen is hardly visible. Not issue with the backup camera viewing.

If you can buy another item from a USA seller off Ebay, it would be better for warranty purposes. BTW, does $300 include the backup camera?

#717 ·
nope, i am still keeping it. I decided to keep my RAV for some more time.
I ok with what my unit does FOR ME ; it's just I was trying to help any potential buyer see what they issues they might face. No one told me this when I got mine.

If I were someone who were constantly getting calls while using the GPS, I would NOT get this unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.