Easy bluetooth for RAV4 - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok.. I am an idiot and did not realize this product is NOT compatible with my non-sat system. anyone want this 100% new item real cheap? :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Your system needs to be SAT ready: so including the extra input and SAT controls. As my system already had the SAT included, it didn't work. I eneded up putting in a BLU Logic unit.
#23 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darby76x View Post
Your system needs to be SAT ready: so including the extra input and SAT controls. As my system already had the SAT included, it didn't work. I eneded up putting in a BLU Logic unit.
yeah... I learned that the hard way. My device does not have SAT and it is not SAT ready either. It is just the base stereo. Now I am looking for a good after market stereo on Crutchfield.
#24 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM

Just wanted to follow with a thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have the unit installed on my scion HU and it is amazing. When paired with my droid phone and streaming music the track up and down even changes the track on my phone. I was even able to modify the wire harness to provide a 3.5mm stero plug for aux input.

On the road in my Rav4 since February, Traveling, Volunteering, Camping and also enjoying beer bikes and bacon. Check out the blog www.servicedriven.org
#25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
yeah... I learned that the hard way. My device does not have SAT and it is not SAT ready either. It is just the base stereo. Now I am looking for a good after market stereo on Crutchfield.
have looked at the prices of the better scion HUs on ebay, they can be had awful cheap and generally have the needed sat input and work with steering wheel buttons with out buying any thing extra. You should be able to get a quality scion/pioneer unit cheap.

On the road in my Rav4 since February, Traveling, Volunteering, Camping and also enjoying beer bikes and bacon. Check out the blog www.servicedriven.org
#26 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerJay View Post
have looked at the prices of the better scion HUs on ebay, they can be had awful cheap and generally have the needed sat input and work with steering wheel buttons with out buying any thing extra. You should be able to get a quality scion/pioneer unit cheap.
thanks everyone for your input. I wound up buying an aftermarket HU from Crutchfield which has the BT integrated already.

Sony CCD Backup Camera
#27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 12:15 AM

just installed

I saw this thread and set about looking for one of these. I ordered from amazon and it arrived in three days time.

installed after it was getting dark but I could not wait.

Few things you should know.

I have a 2010 base non jbl with the sat/am button

Installation was a snap but the directions were crappy so it took a little figuring out on my own. Basically you there are 2 ports with no connectors in them at the back of the radio and two orts with connectors.

the wire harness plugs into the two empty ports and the other ports stay connected just like they are. mic plugs into its slot and the mic plugs in to the small plug. easy to figure out. if you unplug something and it doesnt look like it will plug into the harness, it doesnt so plug it back where you found it lol.

if you dont have steering wheel buttons which I do not, no biggie the seek up button answers the phone and the seek down button hangs up. these are on the left of the stereo.

on teh right of the stereo the folder up and down button scrolls through the menu. one press down brings up voice dial the one up on the seek button and speak and it dials for you. easy as that.

here is what makes it really really great.

My phone streams music, The Gps interupts the music and the voice comes through telling me when to turn and the music comes back on. then the music cuts out and the phone rings, hit seek up and answer, talk, seek down hangs up and msic comes back on.

I got this on amazon for $17 and it turned my rav into a completely integrated system with my GPS, Streeming music and hands free phone operation.

One thing to mention, the caller id that pops up on the radio screen is not the contact name but rather the phone number calling you. I dont know if that can be changed but so far I havent figured it out if it can. so when my phone rings instead of saying wife, it says ### ### ####. you didnt really think I was going to give you guys my wifes phone number did you

I cannot beleive how good it works and I really cant believe i did it for $17 I feel like I stole something from somebody lol.
#28 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt301 View Post
I saw this thread and set about looking for one of these. I ordered from amazon and it arrived in three days time.

installed after it was getting dark but I could not wait.

Few things you should know.

I have a 2010 base non jbl with the sat/am button

Installation was a snap but the directions were crappy so it took a little figuring out on my own. Basically you there are 2 ports with no connectors in them at the back of the radio and two orts with connectors.

the wire harness plugs into the two empty ports and the other ports stay connected just like they are. mic plugs into its slot and the mic plugs in to the small plug. easy to figure out. if you unplug something and it doesnt look like it will plug into the harness, it doesnt so plug it back where you found it lol.

if you dont have steering wheel buttons which I do not, no biggie the seek up button answers the phone and the seek down button hangs up. these are on the left of the stereo.

on teh right of the stereo the folder up and down button scrolls through the menu. one press down brings up voice dial the one up on the seek button and speak and it dials for you. easy as that.

here is what makes it really really great.

My phone streams music, The Gps interupts the music and the voice comes through telling me when to turn and the music comes back on. then the music cuts out and the phone rings, hit seek up and answer, talk, seek down hangs up and msic comes back on.

I got this on amazon for $17 and it turned my rav into a completely integrated system with my GPS, Streeming music and hands free phone operation.

One thing to mention, the caller id that pops up on the radio screen is not the contact name but rather the phone number calling you. I dont know if that can be changed but so far I havent figured it out if it can. so when my phone rings instead of saying wife, it says ### ### ####. you didnt really think I was going to give you guys my wifes phone number did you

I cannot beleive how good it works and I really cant believe i did it for $17 I feel like I stole something from somebody lol.
Nice. Glad it worked it out. Do you have the Amazon link you used?

2010 Toyota RAV4 V6 4x4
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT - The Faktrix
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo - The Garage Queen

"Too many good docs are gettin' outta business. Too many OBGYN's aren't able to practice their... their love with women all across this country." - George W. Bush

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best
#29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 AM

Bluefusion Bftak Hands-Free Bluetooth Integration for Select Toyota Vehicles

Just type that into amazon and you will find it. The price is 17.99 and it is sold by 5 star gaming.
#30 (permalink) Old 06-04-2013, 02:12 PM

kurt301- thanks for the install instructions and the link. It worked like a charm and had no issues with installation on my 2010 Rav4 sat-ready stereo. I can't believe that only costs about $20 for the whole setup when other sites are charging $200! I feel like I robbed someone too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page