2009-Cigarette lighter power stopped functioning - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
2009-Cigarette lighter power stopped functioning

Everything else fine, including the one in the compartment...just no power to the outlet at the dash. Looked at the manual, fuse panel under the dash. Fuse number 11. Open up the panel, nothing related to the manual. Find it finally. Its' not number 11. 15A blue. Manage to get it out. It's fine. Now what?

Why the heck does Toyota put this panel is such a difficult to access location? I can't even focus my eyes on it because when my head is on the floor looking up that f-ing panel is three inches from my nose!

Anyway, I'm perplexed. it was functioning fine, no it isn't and the fuse appears fine. Any sort of help would be appreciated. Thanks.
bdr

2009 RAV4 Sport 4WD V6 SAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,064 Times in 773 Posts
Garage
Are you sure you have the right fuse? According to my diagrams, it should be fuse 23, the 15A fuse between the 7.5A ACC and 25A S/ROOF fuses. Plug that fuse back in and check it with the ignition on. You should get 12 volts to ground on BOTH sides of that fuse. Unlike the other 2 outlets that are fed by a relay, this outlet gets power directly from the ACC terminal of the ignition switch. You would need to pry the outlet panel straight out and check the connections to the outlet. There should be a gray 12V wire and a black/white ground wire attached.

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

#3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 02:11 PM

(Thread Starter)
Ah- never mind. Sorry. Another search took me to a R4W link that solved the issue.
Cigarette Lighter/Power Outlet Not Working (revisited)

The panel is different than the Manual indicates, but its the CIG fuse not the Power Outlet fuse that was the problem. Trip to the auto parts store where I found out that not all mini fuses are created alike... These are different than the standard ones. I am now good to go.

Another thing that I discovered (always good to learn something new)...testers are available that let you test each fuze with an "ice pick" probe so you don't have to pull them all out to inspect. There are tiny holes in the top of each fuze for the probes. Never knew this.

2009 RAV4 Sport 4WD V6 SAP
#4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 04:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to igorKanshyn
My "panel" outlet doesn't work, but the second one, that is in the compartment is good.
I have visually checked both fuses. They look Ok. Is it possible that a fuse is broken, but looks good?

Are there any good links about "How to remove outlet panel"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page