Originally Posted by srockrav4
Gents, this (Myron and Davis) looks like the one I am landing on. Was wondering a few things. Have a '12 Rav4 Base. Hope you guys can answer some of my questions, rather easily.
1) Does this unit require a Sirius tuner and cable (IPS01) to get satellite radio, or just the cable?;
2) It sounds like the steering wheel controls will work on 2012 without much fuss. Is this true?;
3) Will I still be able to use the USB Port and Aux port in the center console near the armrest?;
4) Will I still be able to use the bluetooth microphone (which I believe is near the rear view mirror)?;
5) What type of navigation software is used? Is it good? How do I upgrade? Are there many ways to "upgrade?"
6) I have what looks like a navigation GPS antenna on the back of my car. Is that indeed a Navi antenna, and if so, will it work.
7) Will any backup camera due, or is there one that is fail proof and RAV4world.com recommended
8) I am not handy at all, can I trust BestBuy to do the work, or should I go a specialist car stereo shop. And, how much should I pay for the job?
Finally, apologies for the noob questions. Thanks, for bearing with me.
1) You need a tuner and the cable.
2)On '12's you will need to modify the 28 pin plug for the steering wheel controls and aux. Not too tough.
3)Aux yes USB no. Someone makes an adapter for about 12.99 to connect the aftermarket usb to the factory usb. I'm working on a straight splice(free).
4)No you must use theirs.
5)Don't know but it's ok. It can be updated on their site with a newer version for free but I believe you can go to any site(TomTom, Garmin, ect.) and dowload(pay) to the navi card I think.
6)That is an amplified audio antenna with a provision for factory nav reciever, myron and davis antenna wont fit, I tried!
7) DON'T buy theirs use the one from Rav4world. I didnt but its got to be better than Myron and Davis's!
8)You can do it just take your time. Any compitant installer can do it in about an hour. Talk to them if they sound hesitant walk away. It's not hard at all just looks like a whole bunch take your time stay organized and work with one cable at a time. Wouldn't pay more than 100.00
And you need an antenna adapter no biggie like 15.00