Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY, USA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gents, this (Myron and Davis) looks like the one I am landing on. Was wondering a few things. Have a '12 Rav4 Base. Hope you guys can answer some of my questions, rather easily.
1) Does this unit require a Sirius tuner and cable (IPS01) to get satellite radio, or just the cable?;
2) It sounds like the steering wheel controls will work on 2012 without much fuss. Is this true?;
3) Will I still be able to use the USB Port and Aux port in the center console near the armrest?;
4) Will I still be able to use the bluetooth microphone (which I believe is near the rear view mirror)?;
5) What type of navigation software is used? Is it good? How do I upgrade? Are there many ways to "upgrade?"
6) I have what looks like a navigation GPS antenna on the back of my car. Is that indeed a Navi antenna, and if so, will it work.
7) Will any backup camera due, or is there one that is fail proof and RAV4world.com recommended
8) I am not handy at all, can I trust BestBuy to do the work, or should I go a specialist car stereo shop. And, how much should I pay for the job?
Finally, apologies for the noob questions. Thanks, for bearing with me.