Seat Belt Buckle - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
DVS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayb View Post
I KNOW it's illegal, I know I will be ticketed, I know he should wear it, I know what the penalty is, I know what the safety issues are.
You never actually said those things in your original post. How are we supposed to know what you do or don't already know? For all we know, you are new to this country and it's laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayb View Post
No one reads anymore! Just by reading my original post, you can gather the information I sought. PERIOD.
<snip>
I thought we all shared a likeness for a vehicle we all own and came here to help our fellow man, not implicate him to make us feel mighty or more "moronic".
<snip>
My parents always told me that if I couldn't be helpful or say something nice to keep to myself and keep my mouth shut. That's good advice.
At least at first, all anyone has tried to do is be helpful. From what i've observed, most of the time being helpful on this site involves providing additional information or alternate ways of doing things or thinking about things to help the OP come up with the overall solution that works best for them.

Truthfully, I think your reactions to some of this offered help and information is what ignited some of the later less-than-happy exchanges. Before that, from what I can see all it had been was people trying to be helpful and friendly.

I've read countless threads on this forum, and you're the first person I've seen that is actually unhappy when others try to be helpful in this manner, yet this approach sure seems to be the norm around here to me.

In other words, I don't think its reasonable here to expect people to laser focus on one and only one approach and not share all the related information and ideas they have in trying to be helpful.

That's all I'm saying.

And for the record, I wouldn't want to ignore anyone's potential future advice or experience just because they disagreed with me on one thread.

Silver 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Tow Prep and OEM Hitch.

Long live the RAV4 V6!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DVS For This Useful Post:
Rickl (01-13-2013), vanib (01-14-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
DVS, I just didn't want anyone wasting my time or theirs, which you and wise ass have done by responding to this post. I have the buckle and Thank those that responded with helpful answers. It is pointless to comment and feel like you have to "babysit" another adult.

You can read back through many posts by RTexas and see how ridiculing and degrading his responses are to very, legitimate questions. Tone over the internet is definitely hard to determine, but his is blatantly obvious. Again, if you can't be helpful to the poster with their question, don't respond.

I have a drivers license, so I guess I know the laws of my state. Some of you DEFINITELY HAVE SUPERIORITY COMPLEXES.

When I want an opinion you can bet the farm that I'll ask you for it.

Ray

2012 RAV4 Blizzard Pearl Limited V6 4wd, Entune-Nav, Rearview mirror cam, tow prep pkg w/ Curt Class 3 hitch.
2011 Hyundai Sonata SE nav/sunroof
2004 Lexus RX330
1992 Mazda Miata C-pkg
The Following User Says Thank You to crayb For This Useful Post:
Ravinous (04-19-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page