Seat Belt Buckle - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Seat Belt Buckle

Can someone tell me if a generic, Toyota seat belt buckle will fit into the female receiver on the front seats to silence the alarm and stop the light from flashing? I'm thinking of scouting out my local pull-a-part this weekend.

I always wear my seat belt, but a passenger I haul around refuses to wear his. I have to listen to the beep for 2-3 minutes then watch the light blink the whole drive. I could plug in the buckle when he rides then remove it for other riders that do obey the law.

I'm not asking whether you approve or disapprove, just if any buckle will fit

TIA,

Ray

2012 RAV4 Blizzard Pearl Limited V6 4wd, Entune-Nav, Rearview mirror cam, tow prep pkg w/ Curt Class 3 hitch.
2011 Hyundai Sonata SE nav/sunroof
2004 Lexus RX330
1992 Mazda Miata C-pkg

Last edited by crayb; 01-12-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
That's a misdemeanor and a $25 fine where you live....who will pay that when you get caught? In my car if you don't buckle up you get out pure and simple. I completely disagree with what you are doing but why not just fasten the belt behind the passenger?

Old Bird......sometimes wise
2008 Base V-6 front wheel drive
2008 Limited V-6 front wheel drive
Both with Tow Prep Package
#3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
get TechStream software and MVCI cable from Ebay and disable the annoying sound. That's exactly what I did last year. Actually get the passenger to pay for it! About $25.

2008 Base Rav4, 4 Cylinder, 4WD
My upgrades Allen Spare tire Bike Rack
Currently listening to "Queensryche" with new singer Todd La Torre totally rocks "
The Following User Says Thank You to vanib For This Useful Post:
crayb (01-12-2013)
#4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayb View Post
Can someone tell me if a generic, Toyota seat belt buckle will fit into the female receiver on the front seats to silence the alarm and stop the light from flashing? I'm thinking of scouting out my local pull-a-part this weekend.

I always wear my seat belt, but a passenger I haul around refuses to wear his. I have to listen to the beep for 2-3 minutes then watch the light blink the whole drive. I could plug in the buckle when he rides then remove it for other riders that do obey the law.

I'm not asking whether you approve or disprove, just if any buckle will fit

TIA,

Ray
The one I used in my '02 works fine in my '12. I don't remember exactly what I took it from but think it was a '95 Ford. I think the belt receiver will accept a fairly common buckle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phrede For This Useful Post:
crayb (01-12-2013)
#5 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
That's a misdemeanor and a $25 fine where you live....who will pay that when you get caught? In my car if you don't buckle up you get out pure and simple. I completely disagree with what you are doing but why not just fasten the belt behind the passenger?
$167 here
#6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 AM

(Thread Starter)
I specifically typed that I didn't care what your opinion of -MY- choices are and yet.... I suppose every forum has that one special person that thinks everyone wants their opinion!!!

Thank you for the "helpful" replies vanib and Phrede. Guess I'll be pulling in the rain tomorrow!

Ray

2012 RAV4 Blizzard Pearl Limited V6 4wd, Entune-Nav, Rearview mirror cam, tow prep pkg w/ Curt Class 3 hitch.
2011 Hyundai Sonata SE nav/sunroof
2004 Lexus RX330
1992 Mazda Miata C-pkg
#7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 AM
DVS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Maybe tell your passenger if they won't wear their seatbelt then they need to sit in the back seat?

They'd probably be a little safer, at any rate. That might avoid a seat belt ticket on your record too, if they're not required for back seat passengers in your area.

But this way maybe everyone can win?

(err, hopefully it's not your significant other! You can't often tell them what to do... )

Silver 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Tow Prep and OEM Hitch.

Long live the RAV4 V6!

Last edited by DVS; 01-12-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to DVS For This Useful Post:
crayb (01-13-2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayb View Post
I specifically typed that I didn't care what your opinion of -MY- choices are and yet.... I suppose every forum has that one special person that thinks everyone wants their opinion!!!

Thank you for the "helpful" replies vanib and Phrede. Guess I'll be pulling in the rain tomorrow!

Ray
I specifically don't care what you typed.....it's the internet and a public forum so get over your self.
Also I did make a suggestion, sorry you failed to see that. You'll get along well here, that's obvious
Hopefully a State Trooper will remind you and your passenger of what that belt is for and why it is the law that it be worn. Have a nice day.

#9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 AM

I'm with you Ray. You asked a technical question in hopes to get a non-judgemental technical answer. Not so much to ask. And certainly not worth some jerk wishing you get pulled over and fined. What's the good of that? It kind of makes me hope that person gets cited for being 5 MPH over the speed limit multiple times and loses there license. That is also the law. But then, that is not my style.

It is the internet where people can be rude in anonymity. IMHO it shows a general lack of character. Those that can't post with respect should create their own topic where they can be overly critical of each other and waste each others time.

I'm relatively new here and appreciate the good information available. But I see way too much hate posting critical of what the OP asked about. It's sad, but many forums turn into a mud slinging bitchfest. Grow up people!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phrede For This Useful Post:
crayb (01-13-2013), Ravinous (04-19-2013)
#10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Glad you approve and welcome! I said nothing of getting fined and wish that on no one, not even you. The word was reminded. So who is the jerk now? On other automotive forums I frequent the original post would have been removed completely and a stern warning issued. Why? The OP is obviously breaking both state and federal laws and seeking assistance in how to do so. The same would happen if one was discussing street racing or any other irresponsible practice in a car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page