Rear Speakers - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Junior Member
 
snoopydog12365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rear Speakers

Anyone know some good speakers for the 2012 Rav4 limited? I would like to keep my vehicle looking as natural as possible but I cannot find any matches for 2 way speakers. I have been looking at the Polk Audio db5251 but I dont know how I would install the tweeter. Any advice on the subject would be really helpful. Thanks!
snoopydog12365 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Veliksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,085
Thanks: 240
Thanked 212 Times in 186 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Veliksam
Re: Rear Speakers

Rockford Fosgate P165

Sent from my HTC One X+

-----2012 V6 Sport, Tow Prep, & 4x4-----
HU: JVC KW-NT800HDT & back-up cam,
JDM HID Projector Headlights w/Toshiba D4S Bulbs, JDM Vanguard Tail Lights
Front DRL's, LED Bumper Park/Brake lights,
Red "SPORT" Theme
------------------------------
Veliksam is offline  
#3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 AM
Junior Member
 
snoopydog12365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veliksam View Post
Rockford Fosgate P165

Sent from my HTC One X+
Cartoys recommended them and I like to fade my music to the back, I just want to make sure that they would not over power the polks I am going to put in the front.
snoopydog12365 is offline  
#4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Junior Member
 
snoopydog12365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Also, I want to make sure that they fit, according to crutchfield they do not fit. I dont really want to modify my vehicle if I can help it
snoopydog12365 is offline  
#5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Veliksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,085
Thanks: 240
Thanked 212 Times in 186 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Veliksam
Re: Rear Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopydog12365 View Post
Also, I want to make sure that they fit, according to crutchfield they do not fit. I dont really want to modify my vehicle if I can help it
I have them on my 2012, they sound awesome! I also have the P165-s in the front doors, they are the component version. I also have the same brand powered subwoofer, I forgot the model number but it's the 10" one. My sound is very crisp and it also thumps pretty good.

Sent from my HTC One X+

-----2012 V6 Sport, Tow Prep, & 4x4-----
HU: JVC KW-NT800HDT & back-up cam,
JDM HID Projector Headlights w/Toshiba D4S Bulbs, JDM Vanguard Tail Lights
Front DRL's, LED Bumper Park/Brake lights,
Red "SPORT" Theme
------------------------------
Veliksam is offline  
#6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Junior Member
 
snoopydog12365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veliksam View Post
I have them on my 2012, they sound awesome! I also have the P165-s in the front doors, they are the component version. I also have the same brand powered subwoofer, I forgot the model number but it's the 10" one. My sound is very crisp and it also thumps pretty good.

Sent from my HTC One X+

Did you do the install your self or have somone else do it? If you did was there any special modification that you had to do to the vehicle?
snoopydog12365 is offline  
#7 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 02:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
Veliksam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,085
Thanks: 240
Thanked 212 Times in 186 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Veliksam
Yes, I installed everything myself. I purchased some mounting brackets: 6½" 6 5 6 1 2 6 75 Toyota Lexus Speaker Mount Plates Adapters Brackets Ring | eBay , and also some weather stripping to close the small gap between the speaker and the grill on the door panel. Here are the speakers and subwoofer I purchased: Rockford Fosgate P165 Punch 6 5" Car Speaker 2 Way Pair New in Box 780687340346 | eBay , Rockford Fosgate P165 s 120 Watt 6 5" 2 Way Car Component Speaker System 6 1 2" 780687341091 | eBay , Rockford Fosgate P300 10 10" 300W SEALED Powered Subwoofer Sub Enclosure Amp Kit | eBay
I could have gotten an amp for the speakers but decided not to because my JVC HU gives them more than enough juice, it's actually too loud! I don't want to loose my hearing! Trust me you won't be sorry if you get these.

-----2012 V6 Sport, Tow Prep, & 4x4-----
HU: JVC KW-NT800HDT & back-up cam,
JDM HID Projector Headlights w/Toshiba D4S Bulbs, JDM Vanguard Tail Lights
Front DRL's, LED Bumper Park/Brake lights,
Red "SPORT" Theme
------------------------------
Veliksam is offline  
#8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 92
Thanks: 19
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I run Polks in front and rear. DB651 in the rear though, so I didn't have to worry about the tweeters.
jingerale is offline  
#9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
 
RTexasF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rio Grande Valley TX
Posts: 6,447
Thanks: 51
Thanked 290 Times in 242 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had components put in front and rear. If you want tweeters in the rear doors then you must cut holes and mount the crossovers inside the doors. You will get much better sound using 6.5" speakers and an adapter plate. Rears look like this:

Speaker Upgrade

Old Bird......sometimes wise
2008 Base V-6 front wheel drive
2008 Limited V-6 front wheel drive
Both with Tow Prep Package
RTexasF is offline  
#10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Junior Member
 
snoopydog12365's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by veliksam View Post
Yes, I installed everything myself. I purchased some mounting brackets: 6½" 6 5 6 1 2 6 75 Toyota Lexus Speaker Mount Plates Adapters Brackets Ring | eBay , and also some weather stripping to close the small gap between the speaker and the grill on the door panel. Here are the speakers and subwoofer I purchased: Rockford Fosgate P165 Punch 6 5" Car Speaker 2 Way Pair New in Box 780687340346 | eBay , Rockford Fosgate P165 s 120 Watt 6 5" 2 Way Car Component Speaker System 6 1 2" 780687341091 | eBay , Rockford Fosgate P300 10 10" 300W SEALED Powered Subwoofer Sub Enclosure Amp Kit | eBay
I could have gotten an amp for the speakers but decided not to because my JVC HU gives them more than enough juice, it's actually too loud! I don't want to loose my hearing! Trust me you won't be sorry if you get these.
I am thinking of doing the install my self as well, Do you know where I can get detailed instructions on removing the front and rear door panels? Also I need a list of Tools that I will need to complete the job so that I have everything before hand.

SnoopydoG
The ride
2012 Rav4 Limited 4x4
V6 Engine
Automatic Transmission
Tow Prep Pack
Navigation Package

snoopydog12365 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome