Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Hazards and turn signal not working

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jason556 
#1 ·
When I use my remote to open my car my hazards blink, and when I turn on my headlights they turn on too, so they work then. But then when I put my hazards on or my turn signal on they don't flash. I did try to put on an LED bulb for my turn signals so I don't know if that's the problem. I thought LED bulbs drain less battery.

#2 ·
It's your fuse, it's burnt. You probably blew it when trying to put them in the front sockets. This has happened to me on my 4.3 a couple of years ago.

If you want a dual filament (turn signal+ clearance light) LED bulbs in the headlights you'll need a flasher relay and a certain type of dual filament bulb called SACK or CK.
Just do a Google search for 7443 SACK LED and you'll find what you need.

For the rear turn signals (in the tail lights) you don't need SACK, just a regular type led will be fine.

Or I could be wrong and something else is the matter.

Reactions: Hoop4
#3 ·
Did you just put the LEDs in? With or without a resistor? I understand flashers don't work with unmodified LEDs, but could be wrong. Put the old bulbs in and check again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.