Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Jack Point Pads

10K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  ravenuer 
#1 ·
Do they make an aftermarket jack point pads for our Rav4? I'm currently using a block of wood as a pad but would like a custom solution.

Thanks

#4 ·
Yup, when I had the bmw 3 series they sold one specifically to jack up the car. I'm looking for something similar but not with a hockey puck.

#6 ·
Thanks! This works compared to risking it with a hockey puck or cut block wood. A little pricey but I think is well worth it.

#11 ·
#12 ·
I realize this is an older thread but I just came across it. For 10-15 years I have used a wood block on my floor jacks to straddle the pinch weld. After lifting three different Camrys many times and now my 2014 RAV once I've never has a problem with this method. I wore out the first two that were made from pine 2x4, so this one is made of white oak which I assume it will last forever. I use it near the area where the factory jack would go to lift one front or rear wheel at a time. I use it (in conjunction with a jack stand) to change oil, check/service brakes, etc. I once used it to replace the windshield washer pump on an older Camry.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.