Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Which sparkplugs for '06 with 4 cylinder?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  steaksauce 
#1 ·
I'm ready to change spark plugs on a 2006 with the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine. I know to use iridium plugs but which ones? I believe the OEM are DENSO. Also what size socket will I need to remove/install the plugs? Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Best to pull one of the plugs and see what it is. My 08 were Denso iridium but my manual states you can use either NGK or Denso. Call the dealer and ask them, or just buy them there.
The socket size I used was the smaller of the two spark plug sockets. (long socket) I also had a telescopic magnetic tool to pick up and put in the plugs. My spark plug socket doesn't have the little rubber inside it anymore to hold the plug in place.

#4 ·
I have a '07 2.4L. I just replaced the OEM Densos with NGK 3764 BKR6EIX-11 IX Iridium at 95K. I notice the power jump. I don't know the part number of the original Densos but those are 9 years old so I am sure there are better Iridium spark plugs than those that are specified in the manual or what was pulled out. Go with long lasting iridium with pre-gap of .043" (1.1mm).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.