Anyone try out the DAC yet? - Page 7 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#61 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well unfortunately dunno how DAC will work wht reverse i tried many times but keep flashing and my gear when i get 180km i know that gear shifted to five speed cos i dont have any problem wth transmission only my problem now is L and tht damn gear shaft anyway i will try to see Toyota dealer here they will know abt it and tnk you all for helping i appreciate that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro344 View Post
Well unfortunately dunno how DAC will work wht reverse
You probably won't ever use DAC in reverse, but if it did work with the selector in the "R" position, then you know it will work if you ever get the dashboard display to read "L". Knowing the answer to this means that you could stop worrying about the DAC problem and concentrate on the transmission problem.

Quote:
my gear when i get 180km i know that gear shifted to five speed cos i dont have any problem wth transmission only my problem now is L and tht damn gear shaft anyway i will try to see Toyota dealer here
I'm not sure what you mean by 180Km, I hope you don't mean 180 KPH. As long as the selector is in the "D" position, your transmission will run up through all the gears normally, no matter if it is a 4 or 5 speed transmission. Unless you really watch carefully for the shift points, or you know what RPM is normal for each transmission, I don't think the average driver could tell the difference.

The tests that I suggested will let you know which transmission you really have, and whether you really do have a DAC problem. I would certainly recommend you find out what the problem is before you go to the dealer. Some dealers have been know to take advantage of owners who do not understand what really needs to be repaired.

Rick L Ontario Canada
2008 Silver RAV4 Limited V6 4WD
#63 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 PM

thank you for responding dear Rick yeah 180KPH yeah i see so tell me something look at video and check ESP indicator light beside 4WD when i start engine it not appear and dunno why
#64 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
thank you for responding dear Rick yeah 180KPH yeah i see so tell me something look at video and check ESP indicator light beside 4WD when i start engine it not appear and dunno why
My 2008 RAV4 does not have a light in this position so I cannot answer your question with certainty. It's probably related to the switch used to disable traction control and VSC. Hopefully someone with a 2011 model can provide more information.

You could try pushing the trac disable button and see if the light comes on.

By the way, have you tried using DAC with the transmission in "R".

Rick L Ontario Canada
#65 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
OK, I'm thinking that the plastic shifter faceplate was replaced with the 4-speed version. Maybe the original 5-speed faceplate was scratched, broken, or damaged somehow. A replacement would not be available over there where the 5-speed is not sold. So they replaced it with the closest thing they could find?
Or it was Friday afternoon at the factory.

Last edited by Dr. Dyno; 02-15-2013 at 07:15 PM.
#66 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 02:27 PM

yeah i tried wht reverse again just keep flashing
#67 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
yeah i tried wht reverse again just keep flashing
My theory has been that

1. Your 5 speed transmission and console selector had been replaced with a 4 speed version
  2. or Possibly that just the selector had been replaced
Either way, when the selector sent the "R" signal to the ECM, and "R" was displayed on the dashboard, that should have been enough to activate the DAC.

I suppose all you can do now is perform the acceleration test to determine if your transmission has been replaced with a 5 speed.

Do any forum members know of any locations where the V6 RAV is sold with a 4 speed transmission.

Rick L Ontario Canada
#68 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 03:28 PM

Dear thank you but mine get 5 speed i dont have problem wth tht but i will see if can change transmission and get original for V6 what do you think
#69 (permalink) Old 02-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Dear thank you but mine get 5 speed i dont have problem wth tht but i will see if can change transmission and get original for V6 what do you think
Your original question was how to get DAC working. I originally thought that you just needed some instructions on how to use it.

Upon investigating why DAC was not working, we now have suspicions that some parts of your RAV has been replaced. With the information provided, and the test that still needs to be done, I don't think you can be certain what parts have been replaced, other than the gear selector.

It seems that you were happy with your RAV before you discovered the DAC problem. It also never bothered you that the dashboard gear display did not match what the selector showed. Based on that I wouldn't go through great expense just to get DAC working. You will have to decide how important DAC is to you. I can tell you that most people have never used DAC other than to try it just once.

Rick L Ontario Canada
#70 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM

again thank you dear Rick u right i wont to use DAC also so much but i want it work and i dont like to see somthing missn in my car is like for me V4 stander so i will see dealer cos i dont have any more options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page