Torque Converter Upgrade - Lextreme - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
ProTorque Torque Converter Upgrade: $579 **Mike**

Tranny Cooler and ProTorque Converter install: $1100-$1200

Level 10 Hydrosystem Valve Body Upgrade: $700

$2379 - $2479

$2500 Total!

This is just for my info purposes. Nothing to see here...carry on.
That labor is brutal. That is enough to keep me out of doing that upgrade. Now the trans cooler I am going to do but it will not cost nearly as much. However that being said, if you have to open up the trans then do it all at once is better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Ohh I'm glad to see you posting in here again. I posted a photo/question in the intake sticky thread. Hoping maybe you can take a quick look and give me some suggestions. I read your thread about the Weapon-R intake and it's interesting. I had a not so great experience with Weapon-R back in the day with my '03 Acura CL TypeS but maybe they've gotten better, so that's why I'm still kind of leaning toward a K&N and most likely would switch the filter to an AEM dryflow since it doesn't require oiling which can mess with the MAF. Are you still running it with a different filter? Are you using the MAF reducer with the Weapon-R?
Sorry for not posting much. Most people seem to be talking about problems or issues with their RAV4's here. I have not had any, not even one, problem with my RAV4 since owning it. Trouble-free and a LOT of fun racing it when I can.

No oiling of the filter! I am still using an S&B air filter but I change it up if it gets to dirty. And it gets VERY dirty because I drive with it year round, through rain, snow, etc with the fog light removed and it being right in your line of site. No maf reducer. Filter fits on fine and no issues.

Kevin
2010 Toyota RAV4 Sprt
Weapon R Intk, Mgnflow Mfflr,
13.717@99.57mph
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/659...av4v6times.jpg
#23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbomatic View Post
That labor is brutal. That is enough to keep me out of doing that upgrade. Now the trans cooler I am going to do but it will not cost nearly as much. However that being said, if you have to open up the trans then do it all at once is better.
The labor is brutal. Was --><-- close to moving on and getting these done until my wife told me we made WAY too much last year. Our taxes may kill us....yet again...this year. Gonna have to wait!

Kevin
2010 Toyota RAV4 Sprt
13.717@99.57mph
#24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Sorry for not posting much. Most people seem to be talking about problems or issues with their RAV4's here. I have not had any, not even one, problem with my RAV4 since owning it. Trouble-free and a LOT of fun racing it when I can.

No oiling of the filter! I am still using an S&B air filter but I change it up if it gets to dirty. And it gets VERY dirty because I drive with it year round, through rain, snow, etc with the fog light removed and it being right in your line of site. No maf reducer. Filter fits on fine and no issues.
Ha ha I completely understand! We have the whine going on and the revised tranny mounts are being installed at the dealer as we speak, but other than that issue hopefully she'll be trouble free for us as well.

So let me get this straight, you're running the Weapon-R Dragon intake with a S&N filter with no reducer and you haven't got any CELs at all huh? Very cool. Now I'm sort of leaning toward the Weapon-R and changing the filter to an AEM Dryflow. I suppose worst case scenario I'll have to get a MAF reducer if I experience a CEL. Very useful info, thanks. Now go back to your drag racing and avoid all these broken this or that threads lol!

2009 Rav4 Sport V6 4x4 Classic Silver Metallic | Black Leather | Sport Appearance Package | OEM Tube Steps | OEM Roof Rack
2007 Mazdaspeed6 Sport Velocity Red Mica | AWD | 2.3L Turbo | 6spd Manual | Lots of Modifications
#25 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Advanced Member

(Thread Starter)

The time is coming very, VERY soon where I will be sending out my stock torque converter to ProTorque for a higher stall speed (I do not know how high yet). In the meantime, my Lextreme torque converter may be going up for sell. If anyone will be interested in the Lextreme torque converter that I am currently running, please let me know via PM (Or here). Thanks!

BTW: I won't sell it though until I am thoroughly satisfied with the ProTorque one. I'm planning in advance and hoping to get it done sometime within the next four weeks.

Kevin
2010 Toyota RAV4 Sprt
13.717@99.57mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page