HELP - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 09-29-2012, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
HELP

I took my 2006 V6 Rav 4 in Toyota cuz the lights on the dash look like Christmas.

CEL and ABS , Brake,TC, VSC...

above are the list of parts Toyota wanted me to change the invoice for parts/labor was like $2k

Toyota gave me a print out of the parts but NO CEL CODES and they cleared them from the ECU so I can only go by what they gave me.

the questions I have are?
1. HUB & BEARING ASSY, REAR AXLE, RH; 42450-0R010

can the sensor itself be replace by itself or does the entire hub assembly need to be bought??

2. in the "BIN" column some of the parts read "TEST" other have #'s (117,107,118) ??

Thanks

Last edited by UWISHU1; 09-30-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Advanced Member

Was there some kind of accident or high speed driving in standing water? I'm asking because that can rip the fuel vapors canister and some more.

Go to an independent mechanic to confirm the problems. They should be obvious if present.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Wait to see if the lights come on again. If they do take the Rav to Auto Zone and have them read the codes for free to confirm. If you need a repair buy the parts at Rock Auto and have your local mechanic repair.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 PM

Do what focus123 suggested ^^^

Those prices are ludicrous...yet dealers continue to wonder why no one uses them after warranty.

It's actually my sister's, but I'm the family wrench.
#5 (permalink) Old 09-30-2012, 10:54 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post

Those prices are ludicrous...yet dealers continue to wonder why no one uses them after warranty.
exactly

the thing with Autozone they only check CEL lights not lights pertaining to the braking system.

I took this to shop #1 to have it checked went in with 3 warning lights on came out with 5 I think they messed up the skid wiring harness. They said "Oh the harness is messed up" I'm like wth it wasn't messed up when I came in. They had quoted me about $1000 for the repairs (Hub/wheel bearing sensor and a o2, perhaps the harness)

Then I took it to Toyota they also found another bad o2 sensor and a crack in the charcoal canister, they said they could try and repair the canister for $200 or buy new a new one for $800,quoted $2000 to fix.

So I took it to a family mechanic where it sat for 3 weeks stringing me along about getting the parts for it and didn't fix #$%@!
HE claimed Toyota erased the CEL codes and that the wheel bearing/sensor ONLY needed the sensor. Of course he couldn't get the sensor and recommended I take it to Toyota what a waste of 3 weeks

So I've been searching for the parts myself online and have found most of them Toyota Parts Overstock.com - OEM Factory Toyota and Scion Parts | ToyotaPartsOverstock.com but I'm still not sure I need the WHOLE wheel bearing/hub assembly or JUST the sensor.

Sorry for the soap opera
#6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 05:07 PM

(Thread Starter)
update:
last week I ordered the rear drive hub/sensor assembly ($356) and wire harness ($50). Over the weekend the CEL came on briefly so I had i checked was P0606 I thought it was going to be a o2 sensor since the dealer and shop #1 and #3 had mentioned, but nothing.

Today I received and installed the driver rear sensor/hub assembly and wire today. I had checked the codes just for fun (jump wire @ 4&13) and the ABS light flashed 3 then 4 (C0215/34*1 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
Signal) and 3 then 9 (39 Foreign Object is Attached on Tip
of Rear Speed Sensor LH)

I re set the ECU by disconnecting the battery, I tried to pull the fuses but what a pain the @&* that was.

Then re set the Skid Control ECU by pumping the brakes 8 time with key in the on position. Fired the Rav up and all the lights have been cleared YAY!!!

Now will see if the CEL light comes back on, Thanks RAV4 World for them help.
#7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWISHU1 View Post
update:
last week I ordered the rear drive hub/sensor assembly ($356) and wire harness ($50). Over the weekend the CEL came on briefly so I had i checked was P0606 I thought it was going to be a o2 sensor since the dealer and shop #1 and #3 had mentioned, but nothing.

Today I received and installed the driver rear sensor/hub assembly and wire today. I had checked the codes just for fun (jump wire @ 4&13) and the ABS light flashed 3 then 4 (C0215/34*1 Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor
of Rear Speed Sensor LH)

I re set the ECU by disconnecting the battery, I tried to pull the fuses but what a pain the @&* that was.

Then re set the Skid Control ECU by pumping the brakes 8 time with key in the on position. Fired the Rav up and all the lights have been cleared YAY!!!

Now will see if the CEL light comes back on, Thanks RAV4 World for them help.
wow thats a mess. hope it all turns out okay for you.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,066 Times in 774 Posts
Garage
Quote:

of Rear Speed Sensor LH)
Glad to hear you got it straight! How hard was it to replace the sensor/hub assembly? Is yours 4wd or 2wd?

James

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

#9 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
Glad to hear you got it straight! How hard was it to replace the sensor/hub assembly? Is yours 4wd or 2wd?
2WD/FWD

Was a pain in the !@# to get that hub off PB blasted it, HEATED and BEAT on it for an hour and it wouldn't budge. Finally with a nut and bolt through the wheel flange and tightened it til it popped off.
I'm glad for this forum and it's members saved me at least $300
#10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
2WD/FWD

Was a pain in the !@# to get that hub off PB blasted it, HEATED and BEAT on it for an hour and it wouldn't budge. Finally with a nut and bolt through the wheel flange and tightened it til it popped off.
I'm glad for this forum and it's members saved me at least $300
Congratulations and well done!

With the hassle and with the expense you were quoted as examples of what can take place it's little wonder that owners feel that they have to buy extended warranties.

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page