Originally Posted by pico
Take your battery-powered home-monoxide detector into the RAV4 and see what happens. If you don't have one in the house, then you have nothing to scream about. Get one. Or two.
You don't have to do that. Just start you car and crawl under it. Run your hand around the muffler seams and where it is damaged and see if you can feel any exhaust leaking. Dont touch the muffler cause it may be hot. If it isn't leaking, drive it. Of course the dealer is trying to sell you a new exhaust because they are in the business to make money. If it is leaking or if the looks bothers you that bad just go to a reputable exhaust shop and have them replace the muffler. A qualified exhaust shop can replace that muffler in a half hour. Caution caution caution! Do not put your lips around the exhaust tip because you may ingest carbon monoxide and DIE!