07 Water Pump Replacement 175K miles - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.3 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
07 Water Pump Replacement 175K miles

Yup. Doing it this weekend. It hasn't completely gone out but it's got a fairly good leak to it. Figured since I live in Las Vegas, I better do it before the 120 degree summer hits.

Anyway, should I replace anything else as long as I've got it apart? Thermostat? Belt?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -b-rian View Post
Yup. Doing it this weekend. It hasn't completely gone out but it's got a fairly good leak to it. Figured since I live in Las Vegas, I better do it before the 120 degree summer hits.

Anyway, should I replace anything else as long as I've got it apart? Thermostat? Belt?
Drive belt, and maybe the tensioner and idler I would think.

You have downloaded the 2006 service manual, right? If not, look for the link in Junebug's profile. For the V-6 see 2GR-FE ENGINE MECHANICAL – ENGINE chapter, and for the I-4 there is a similar chapter for belt info.

How about taking a bunch of pictures? I don't think anybody has posted such pix. You might also incicate what engine you have in your signature and/or profile.

2009 V6 4wd Base
#3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
Drive belt, and maybe the tensioner and idler I would think.

You have downloaded the 2006 service manual, right? If not, look for the link in Junebug's profile. For the V-6 see 2GR-FE ENGINE MECHANICAL – ENGINE chapter, and for the I-4 there is a similar chapter for belt info.

How about taking a bunch of pictures? I don't think anybody has posted such pix. You might also incicate what engine you have in your signature and/or profile.
I haven't downloaded anything yet, but I'll check it out. I couldn't get to it this weekend but I'll have it done by the weeks end.

As for the engine, its just the baseline I-4. Nothing special & zero options. I'm also the original owner. Besides all of Toyota's silly recalls, I change the oil regularly, have put 2 sets of tires on it, and put a transmission in it at 150K.

I'll search for Junebug and see about downloading the SM. Thanks for the tip. I definitely appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page