Toyota RAV4 Forums - View Single Post - Buying an Extended Warranty? READ THIS FIRST!!
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
JuneBug
Your Humble Administrator

Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,347 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidesert View Post
I'm one of those guys that doesn't like to bet against the house. I figure Toyota knows the odds better than I do and they couldn't make money if this was a good deal for the average owner. On the other hand, if a large repair bill would bankrupt you it might make sense.
Normally, I would agree with you, but not this time. A large repair bill wouldn't bankrupt me, but it would put a serious crimp in my home budget. I don't have a wallet full of credit cards for emergencies, got rid of those years ago. Now I only use a debit card. So if it isn't in the checking account, it will have to wait.

The way I see it is I'm betting Toyota that some time between now and November of 2016 SOMETHING is going to go wrong with my RAV4 AND it's going to cost more than $659 to repair. If that doesn't happen and the vehicle is flawless until then, I'm fine with that. I consider it cheap insurance.

Help RAV4World members help you by providing your car's operating location in your profile page. Climate can cause a RAV4 in Dallas Wisconsin to experience a different set of issues when compared to the same model in Dallas Texas.

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome