2017 Toyota RAV4 vs 2017 Mazda CX-5 Comparison - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
RAV4 News, Reviews & Videos Share your RAV4 news articles, reviews or videos here!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 10:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Now there is this report about Mazda having developed a gasoline ignition by compression engine without spark plugs apart from their use at certain RPM levels, supposed to increase engine efficiency by quite a lot: Mazda introducing breakthrough 'spark-less' gasoline engine in 2019 | Fox News

My reaction is "maybe" - Mazda have been innovative but successful innovation sometimes has not materialized.

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 07:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraband View Post
I did research into both of these vehicles prior to purchasing my Rav4. The physical look of the CX-5 is more sporty and enticing to many, including myself. My personal opinion, the overall drive and experience of the CX-5 was better than that of the Rav4. With that said, there are quite a bit of complaints about Mazda build quality and reliability in general, as well as specific to the CX-5. After dealing with issues on a previous vehicle and spending far too much time at the mechanic/dealership, Toyota's reliability was more important to me in the long haul.
Interesting...I just got a new 2017 RAV4 XLE and love it! It is white with a tan on black interior and looks amazing! The aesthetic of the RAV4 IMHO beats every crossover out there! It has a striking profile and is just a cool ride!

I looked at the two other major players..the CX-5 and the CRV and was not impressed with either. The body stylings are just plain boring to me. I've read practically every review and watched practically every You Tube review on these vehicles and yet I still came back to the RAV4. I just think it's one of the best looking and feeling vehicles out there!

I hope everyone agrees!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I've talked with an independent mechanic and several guys at the service department at Mazda about any specific repair issues they've seen with the new generation of Mazdas since they've been out from under the Ford umbrella. They all said the same thing: Other than re-flashing the infotainment system on a few, there are NO widespread problems with the new CX's. I've scoped out the forums... people are satisfied with the newer CX-5 and CX-9. Great car, I'm buying one.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
As I've mentioned previously, if Mazda actually produces a diesel CX-5 for the U.S. market I'll have a good look. The promised 40+ mpg highway and combined mpg in the 30s plus 310 ft./lbs. torque is appealing . . . if it all materializes, or even materializes at all.

Jim
2011 Upgraded Base V6 4WD
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT
2002 Craftsman LT1000 V2

Jesus is Lord
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Because both my wife and I hate the harsh ride of our RAV, we test drove a 2017 CX-5 yesterday. It's remarkably smoother. I would switch to it for sure if it weren't for the limited cargo space. That's really my main complaint. The display seems smaller but workable.

'16 KEA Sorento Limited & '14 RAV4
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
After 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 years ... would be interested to see the used depreciation rates, as the RAv4 & CX-5 age and traded in or sold privately.
- Toyota would beat the Mazda, probably by a significant margin

Our 2008 RAV4 Limited v6 is still worth darn near what we paid for it, 2 years ago.
- can't usually say that about other brands
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page