Japan vs. Canada - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Second rav4 made in Japan flawless( 2015 LE, 2018 XLE). This one got only 6050 odo, but so far no problems at all, i hope stay like this because i want to keep it for long time

***keep smiling and one day the life will get tired of upsetting you***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
The Japanese version will not allow the plug and play installation of the built in alarm system.

2013 LE AWD
1987 200SX SE-V6
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Our 2008 v6 Limited VIN # starts in a "J"...so Made in Japan.
- still for the Canadian market
- with heated windshield bottom
- heated side mirrors
- leather heated seats
- and tow package equipped, with 3,500# capacity / as standard, on the Limited
- but no rear 2" ball hitch

^^ 2008 RAV4 trouble free, after 164,xxx Km = 102,xxx miles / only a broken $90 rear axle stabilizer link, to replace & a loose aluminum muffler shield, to secure...besides normal stuff, like brakes & wipers (in last 3 years, of ownership).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canada’s most popular Toyota SUV is now made in Canada
Canada?s most popular Toyota SUV is now made in Canada | Toyota Canada

Toyota opens automotive plant in Woodstock, Ontario

Canadian drivers now have even more reasons to love the RAV4, with the official opening of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada’s Woodstock, Ontario assembly plant – the first new automotive plant investment in Canada in almost 20 years. The RAV4 was introduced earlier this fall with an upgraded 4-cylinder 2.5-litre engine and remains Toyota’s most popular SUV. Canadians will continue to enjoy RAV4 vehicles that offer quality and safety plus more power require less fuel and no compromise on the amenities.

“On behalf of our network of more than 230 Toyota Dealers across the country, we are pleased that the RAV4 vehicles sold in Canada will be made in Canada,” said Mr. Yoichi Tomihara, President and CEO of Toyota Canada Inc. “At Toyota, we are committed to building our most popular models in the markets where they’re sold focusing on quality and safety. With the official grand opening in Woodstock, Toyota now builds four models in Canada, which together represent almost 50 per cent of our total sales in this country.”

The Toyota RAV4 revolutionized the SUV market when it was introduced to North America in 1996. As the very first SUV developed on a passenger car platform, the RAV4 delivered unheard of levels of fuel efficiency and ride comfort to the SUV segment, and spawned the development of car-based SUVs across the industry.

For 2009, Toyota engineers make things better for RAV4 owners with several new features, including:

- A new engine for four-cylinder models: a 2.5L engine delivers 179 horsepower – more than the 166 peak horsepower of the 2.4L engine it replaces. At the same time, the new 2.5L engine is more fuel efficient, with a combined city/highway rating of 8.6L/100KM, compared to 9.0L/100KM for the 2.4L engine it replaces.

- A new fuel economy meter on the console gives drivers more control over their fuel efficiency.

- All 2009 RAV4 models are fitted with Toyota’s new Active Front Headrests as standard equipment: these help reduce the possibility and severity of whiplash if the vehicle is struck from behind. Other standard safety systems include Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control, Anti-lock Braking System, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Brake Assist, six air bags and side impact beams.

Canadians purchased 1,614 Toyota RAV4 compact SUVs in November, bringing total RAV4 Canadian sales in the first eleven months of 2008 to 19,140 – up 31.7% compared to the same January-November period in 2007.

“With the Grand Opening Ceremony held December 4th, the RAV4 officially joins our other made-for-Canada products – the Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, and Lexus RX350 – as iconic Canada-ready vehicles that are designed and engineered for Canadians and offer quality, safety and the amenities that Canadians want,” Mr. Tomihara concluded. “The Woodstock plant is our latest demonstration of how Toyota is determined to make things better for Canadian drivers and communities.”

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Our 2008 v6 Limited VIN # starts in a "J"...so Made in Japan.
- still for the Canadian market
- with heated windshield bottom
- heated side mirrors
- leather heated seats
- and tow package equipped, with 3,500# capacity / as standard, on the Limited...but no rear 2" ball hitch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canada’s most popular Toyota SUV is now made in Canada
Canada?s most popular Toyota SUV is now made in Canada | Toyota Canada

Toyota opens automotive plant in Woodstock, Ontario

Canadian drivers now have even more reasons to love the RAV4, with the official opening of Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada’s Woodstock, Ontario assembly plant – the first new automotive plant investment in Canada in almost 20 years. The RAV4 was introduced earlier this fall with an upgraded 4-cylinder 2.5-litre engine and remains Toyota’s most popular SUV. Canadians will continue to enjoy RAV4 vehicles that offer quality and safety plus more power require less fuel and no compromise on the amenities.
So are you stating that RAV4's made in Canada are better, the same, or it doesn't make any difference. Don't get me wrong, I love our Canadian neighbors. I was just curious to know if you had a choice of the exact same RAV4 model/color/etc., which one would you choose, eh?
Probably doesn't matter, just thought I would ask before I made a purchase.

Thanks for all the replies so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Made in Canada.jpg (67.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg Made in Japan.jpg (65.6 KB, 31 views)
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slk230red View Post
So are you stating that RAV4's made in Canada are better, the same, or it doesn't make any difference. Don't get me wrong, I love our Canadian neighbors. I was just curious to know if you had a choice of the exact same RAV4 model/color/etc., which one would you choose, eh?
Probably doesn't matter, just thought I would ask before I made a purchase.

Thanks for all the replies so far.
Good questions slk, / put it this way:
- I'd take a Toyota made for Canadian dealers, before one made for the USA market...all things being equal / because Canadian winter conditions, are far more harsher.
- in FL you don't need heated lower windshield under front wipers or heated side mirrors / but sure nice in the North, driving through a snow storm
- and our used Japan Limited came with engine & trans cooler / higher mileage longevity, should be an added bonus

Toyota Kaizen & consultant Dr. D. Deming, put their overall quality into World class / after WWII, during the 1950's rebuild.
- I know someone that worked at a Toyota parts plant with Japanese management / one line produced 20% scrap daily...and was of little concern
- even judging from the unusual number of Toyota recalls, in last decade / they are no longer living up to supreme status
- while the Big3 quality & Engineering design, is FAR worse / Toyota quality can slip, and still be Tops
- hard to say if Japan Assembly is any better than Ontario Assembly

^^ Woodstock has a highly trained & motivated workforce & moral-pride is extremely good there....the modern Totota Assy. plant, is only 45 minutes, up the road from me.
- our son has a Woodstock ON. made 2015 Lexus RX350 / its been flawless, through 70,000 Km.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
I'll take a J VIN over any other 365 days of the year. Three of my last 4 Toyota's had a J VIN!

Pancreatic Cancer - the silent killer!
Freedom isn't free, thank you veterans! 9-11-01...NEVER FORGET!

2015 XLE AWD Silver Metallic + Camry horns; fog lite mod; OEM A/W mats / mud guards; AVS vent visors / bug deflector; BUMPSHOX bumper guard; Gentex mirror; console tray; HAM radio; LED's; Shark Fin antenna. [To do: BSM's; hitch.]

'12 - Highlander SE AWD
'09 - RAV 4 Base AWD
'06 - Highlander Base AWD
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont67 View Post
Good questions slk, / put it this way:[... please see the post ...]
- hard to say if Japan Assembly is any better than Ontario Assembly
Are auditioning for a PR or advertising position for Toyota? Your post is a textbook example of rhetoric, outdated claims, and just plain irrelevance.

Killfile for you, Bubba.

2011 Limited, V6, Blizzard Pearl
SE Minnesota
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico View Post
Are auditioning for a PR or advertising position for Toyota? Your post is a textbook example of rhetoric, outdated claims, and just plain irrelevance.

Killfile for you, Bubba.
Them big words buddy pico...
- like the old Wendy's commercial / "where's the beef"
- so far / proof of better Japan quality, seems to be of some irrelevance
- sheer speculation, without listing any Facts
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Your Humble Administrator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Thanked 2,476 Times in 1,797 Posts
Garage
Now, now, kids...let's settle down.

Help RAV4World members help you by providing your car's operating location in your profile page. Climate can cause a RAV4 in Dallas Wisconsin to experience a different set of issues when compared to the same model in Dallas Texas.

2008 Limited V6 2WD "The Silver Bullet"

The Following User Says Thank You to JuneBug For This Useful Post:
Beaumont67 (03-24-2018)
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
J vin for me.

The Japanese prioritize work over private/family life, i believe partly due to their lifetime employment system (workers are virtually guaranteed job security). They even have a "death by overwork" phenomenon.

Of course the Canada made ravs should be fine too.
But asked for my opinion... J vin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement