Join Date: Mar 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interior Exterior Updates to my '18 RAV4 XLE
I bought my '18 RAv4 XLE Feb '19 and this forum has been very helpful.
Thought I would share some of the things I have tried for interior and exterior upgrades.
I got so many ideas from looking at other posts on this forum - hopefully this inspires some new owners.
1. Change all interior bulbs with LEDs.
2. Front bulbs changed to RGB lights - which also have cool strobe effects
3. Installed RGB footwell lights that basically change colors based on voice/music frequencies.
4. Installed seat gap fillers storage and other options so that I can now have upto 7 cup holders if needed besides other storage
5. Installed dashcam - ran wire through paneling and rear-view mirror
6. Really like my magnetic phone holder too.
7. In the back seat just standard foldable food tray, trash bag and storage.
8. In the trunk additional storage and cargo mat
9. Installed funky courtesy lights in door
10. Also used vinyl custom cut-outs for indoor door panels and footpads to for anti-kick scratches and wear/tear.
11. I have seat covers on the passenger side both front/back - just trying them out to see.
1. Installed a rubber/ABS thick license plate holder to provide a sturdy bumper protector in the front.
2. Installed door edge guards and trunk door edge covers, also for side mirrors.
3. Installed some decorative wheel trim
I wanted to get some ideas for bumper covers for side corners and back but the funky design of the RAV4 stumped me - please let me know if anyone has any good ideas for how to protect the bumpers.
I also installed the techstream software - but really only turned off the seat belt alarm. Does anybody have any other ideas on cool/useful things they have done with techstream?
I will follow up this post with two posts - one each to attach pictures to show the various interior / exterior mods