RAV4 2015 and aftermarket radio - Save the original camera - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RAV4 2015 and aftermarket radio - Save the original camera

Hello there,

I need your help please, I purchases new car - TOYOTA RAV2015.
I replaced my radio with Pioneer AVH-8650BT.

Sadly everything ok but I have problem with the rear camera.
The cable isn't fit to the Pioneer radio and I've been told I need to but adapter for that.
I look for that since yesterday and got to this forum and saw some messages but still don't have a clue.

I don't want to install a new camera and want to use the original camera.
Can you help me please and tell which adapter I need? the Pioneer got the yellow RCA connection.

Thanks for your help,
Shay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
You need to do some Google searches as there is tons of information out there. What I did was splice the factory camera wires with my aftermarket radio. Don't forget you must power the camera and supply a trigger wire. Crutchfield and Amazon sells adapters, but you will have to look to see if they fit your radio.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav4system3 View Post
You need to do some Google searches as there is tons of information out there. What I did was splice the factory camera wires with my aftermarket radio. Don't forget you must power the camera and supply a trigger wire. Crutchfield and Amazon sells adapters, but you will have to look to see if they fit your radio.
Hey thanks for answering.
To be honest in the past two days all I did is google searches. sadly I didn't understand nothing at all.

I live in Israel and ask out local TOYOTA and they don't have any clue how to do it and won't help me at all. even electric workers that install car radio don't know where I can find that connector and they recommend me to try to order it outside the country and search at USA online stores.

But I really don't know what the ... I need.
and whatever I will order I really don't know if it match and the most annoying thing - it will take 3 weeks to arrive from USA to Israel.

I add you two photo:
1. the camera original cable that I have and can't connect to my aftermarket radio (Pioneer AVH X8650BT)
2. my Pioneer connection in the back.

Thank you and please help me

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav4system3 View Post
Hello there, thanks for answering!

Believe me in the past two days all I did was searching through Google and this website and all I came up with is one big mess and nothing to do.
Sadly I live in Israel and I try to turn to out local TOYOTA service and even to private electric installers but they all told me I have to order connector for that and it's not sold in here so I have to order it outside the country.

So I search after that in Google, here, AMAZON.COM and eBay and I really don't know.
I don't understand all that electric thing so I afraid to order something that not even fit or not close for what I need, and realize whatever I will order will take 3 weeks to arrive Israel so it's a big chance to take and wait for maybe nothing at all.

I'm adding two photos:
1. The original rear camera cable that not fit into my Pioneer AVH-X8650BT.
2. My Pioneer connection in the back.

any chance for help. please?
That's the only thing I missing - the back camera (I don't want to install new one, the original one very good so it's a shame to get rid of it).

Thank you very much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6873.jpg (209.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg back.jpg (147.0 KB, 19 views)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
RAV4's backup camera use 6vdc supply and have a proprietary connector. Your after market Pioneer uses RCA connector. There are sellers that sells connector looms for the conversion so you don't have to cut wires. Youtube have some clips. I was looking at it and gave up as my car is a Hybrid which is more complicated and no one sells those wiring looms yet. Just google "installing Pioneer xxx to 2015 RAV4" or along these lines. Good luck.

2016 RAV4 Hybrid XLE. 3 dashcams, 2 X Mobius dashcam A, C2 lens, 1X Toguard CE685. 3M door edge and headlight protection, OEM trunk lining, Weathertech window visors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page