stock 2018 Adventure: Bigger Tire Size? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 Exterior Tires, Wheels, Lights, Spoilers, Flares, Bars, Tow Hitches, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
stock 2018 Adventure: Bigger Tire Size?

Hey Everyone, new to the board. Just picked up a 2018 Adventure and looking forward to doing some very light upgrades to it down the road.

I was curious what is a largest tire size i can run without needing to modify anything? AFAIK, the adventure trim comes with a modest lift over other trims.

I see the size 235/65/18 thrown around quite a bit, many of those people are running aftermarket lifts. Is this size suitable for a stock adventure or should i be looking at another size. My goal is to go slightly bigger, as the stock tires look a little small to my eye.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakistani218 View Post
Hey Everyone, new to the board. Just picked up a 2018 Adventure and looking forward to doing some very light upgrades to it down the road.

I was curious what is a largest tire size i can run without needing to modify anything? AFAIK, the adventure trim comes with a modest lift over other trims.

I see the size 235/65/18 thrown around quite a bit, many of those people are running aftermarket lifts. Is this size suitable for a stock adventure or should i be looking at another size. My goal is to go slightly bigger, as the stock tires look a little small to my eye.

Thank you in advance!
Here is a list of options for the Adventure. https://tiresize.com/tires/Toyota/RAV4/2018/Adventure/ click on alternative tire sizes. Ive been thinking about wider tires for my Adventure
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1014 Post(s)
Thanked 1,030 Times in 862 Posts
Garage
I dunno if this will help or not, but here's a '19 LE with 255/55R18 AT tires that's sitting on my dealer lot, I asked my salesman to check out the '18 Adventure that was on the lot last week that had AT tires on it that appeared larger than stock, but it was sold before he got in to check the tire size, he sent me a text and pic that states it has the same tires and they look pretty much the same as those on the '18 that I saw. I can't make out the tire size, maybe someone with more graphic skills can confirm the tire marking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019 LE 255-55R18.jpg (210.2 KB, 50 views)

2019 XLE Premium AWD

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 01:57 AM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
...I can't make out the tire size, maybe someone with more graphic skills can confirm the tire marking.
Nope! The JPEG compression and low resolution makes reading the sidewall impossible. I tried using my 34-years of skill in analyzing satellite imagery at NASA, but it doesn't help in this case. Sorry.

Deut 6:5

---

"Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'".
- Vizzini during his "battle of wits" with the Man in Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page