RAV4 GEN-1 Should be incl. in R4W Banner at Top of Pages: Please Correct - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Site News & Feedback Here is the place to ask questions about the site and offer your ideas and suggestions on how to improve it!

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
mensajero,

Thanks for another enlightening post. Utterly fascinating. Sad about the loss of all those old Posts. I'd have enjoyed reading through them. Do you have (any) pull w/ Moderators, incl. Mick Hatzo, to update banner to include our GEN-1 rich heritage!?

'98 RAV4 5-Speed 2WD 4-Dr. hardtop 2.0-L. gas I-4 engine. Venetian Red Pearl. Tail Light Guards (Manik). Michelin LTX M/S2 tires & spare. LED headlamps. Roof luggage rack. 5th-door saddle bags. Custom leather steering wheel cover. Sheepskin seat covers. Billiard ball #13 shift knob. Alloy wheels. Push Bar grille guard, LED fog lamps. Suede door panel inserts. Faux-suede center console cover. Driver/passenger grab-assist handles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 02:40 PM
R4W Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
I totally agree! I think all 5 generations should be represented on the banner. Unfortunately, I don't have access to that part of the forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techsus View Post
Mick Hatzo, are you listening?
If an administrator doesn't have access to that, why would I?

I agree that 4.1 Ravs should be represented on the site's banner but I don't lose my sleep over it.
To be fair, there is minimal interest in that section of the forum, whereas dozens of new members are joining the forums with 4.4 and 4.5 Ravs.

Personally, I have vowed to keep my Rav4 until it (or I ) dies, despite the idiotic road tax in Greece and insurance fees, which penalize heavily "high displacement" engines.
Yes, in Greece, if your car's engine is over 1928cc, you are considered pure evil and should be punished for your sins.

And, as long as we are both alive and kicking, I will continue to participate in this forum and contribute the best way I can.

1999, Quicksilver FX, 5dr, 5spd, 4WD

Last edited by Mick Hatzo; 02-24-2019 at 03:03 PM. Reason: $%#@^&* spacing!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mick Hatzo For This Useful Post:
Dr. Dyno (02-24-2019), Techsus (02-24-2019)
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Thanked 1,030 Times in 902 Posts
Hey Mick,
Thanks for getting us moderators off the hook for something we can't change.

Also, assuming you mean the same thing, you're the first member that's noticed or at least commented on the seemingly automatic double spacing.

Seems to have crept in maybe six months ago for some unknown reason.

I've just typed this with one blank line between my sentences.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dyno For This Useful Post:
Techsus (02-24-2019)

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 03:11 PM
R4W Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dyno View Post
Also, assuming you mean the same thing, you're the first member that's noticed or at least commented on the seemingly automatic double spacing.
Seems to have crept in maybe six months ago for some unknown reason.
It genuinely drives me crazy...
Who can remedy this? Should we make a request in this section of the forum or will it have the same reaction from those "above" as the current "banner update" thread?

1999, Quicksilver FX, 5dr, 5spd, 4WD
The Following User Says Thank You to Mick Hatzo For This Useful Post:
Techsus (02-24-2019)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Garage
I can only say that maybe for some it is not important. However, for others it gives us a sense of belonging. That the years we are or were here, it was worth it. That we have a small world, that for others, it might be nothing. But for us, it is something, something valuable. We will not be millionaires to have extravagant cars. But, our ego is nourished, and here we discuss, approve, praise, and feel proud of our world in which we live. That's why, when one "wins", whatever. It is a victory for everyone. Although we live from pay check to pay check. We did it the way we wanted it to be. How many RAVers came here and left, because there RAV4 became more of an economical load, despite being ugly, mud digger. But it did dig (meaning being a part of). Personally I owe my son's life to my RAV4. And that nobody can take away my RAV4, or my mind, or my heart. I'll live with her, and die with her. She kept me alive and rolling in a moment of madness that I can never forget. Many of you know, others do not. Therefore, I will continue here, being part of the forum and its history. Simple words, for a simple situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to mensajero For This Useful Post:
Techsus (02-24-2019)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you all for weighing in on what really does matter to me. There may not be hoards of us, but the GEN-1 clearly belongs in our "flag." The bizarre triple-spacing I can handle. The glaring omission in the flag (atop this page), another matter altogether. I appreciate our Moderators for your sentiments-- which I share, that I will keep my RAV4 "forever." IF I EVER GET A NEW RAV4, it will be a GEN-1. Ha ha.

Who DOES have access to add GEN-1 to our illustrious Banner?

'98 RAV4 5-Speed 2WD 4-Dr. hardtop 2.0-L. gas I-4 engine. Venetian Red Pearl. Tail Light Guards (Manik). Michelin LTX M/S2 tires & spare. LED headlamps. Roof luggage rack. 5th-door saddle bags. Custom leather steering wheel cover. Sheepskin seat covers. Billiard ball #13 shift knob. Alloy wheels. Push Bar grille guard, LED fog lamps. Suede door panel inserts. Faux-suede center console cover. Driver/passenger grab-assist handles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page