oil consumption recall test - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Recall

Find out about the history of your next vehicle and learn how to track the history of your current vehicle.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
oil consumption recall test

I f anyone on here has gone thru this ,kindly fill me in.I received in the mail Toyotas recall for oil consumption problem and my model and year is included.But these clowns at my local dealer are giving me the run around I believe and they seem to not want to take care of the problem.I could be wrong or maybe a little paranoid,lol,but some of these dealers are less than honest ,sad to say ,lol.Anyway I have only till 150 000 miles for it to be fixed and I am at 112 000 roughly.Now what they keep telling me is that I have an oil leak and they cannot perform the test if they suspect a leak.Now what happened was I was putting oil in and spilled some and they are seeing the oil on the engine that I spilled and are saying their is a leak.So I went to my local garage,who I have known since I moved to this town 18 or so years ago and they know what they are doing and I trust completely.I had them check for leaks and they said there is none at all.So ,I called my Toyota dealer back to set up another appointment and I told them I brought it to the local garage and told them they found no leak and I want the test done.I also explained to him I spilled oil and that is what they keep thinking is a leak or I should say,using for an excuse.Anyway,he says to me make sure you clean the engine of all the oil because if we see oil on the engine we will not do the test.What kind of BS is that.The garage had no problem determining that there was no leak no matter what oil was on the engine.SO what do you guys think.All advice welcome ,thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-25-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
made my own thread for this issue ....thx for any replys ahead of time ,lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page