2019 RAV4 Limited Map lights - Page 4 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Verified removal procedure.

Didn't need a pry tool, fingers did the trick start from the back corners, it will come down about an inch then pull the front corners down. It pop'd right off. Install is opposite of removal (front first)

The console removal was to check to see if the microphone was properly connected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Fog Swapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio Herrera View Post
I wonder what the difficulty level is for swapping the fog lights with LED, since they are so low to the ground.
2017 RAV Limited Hybrid manual shows how to move inner wheel well "liner" aside for access. It shows removing 3 screws, but there are four. It shows a large head screw which is really a push "pin." Place a very thin piece of sheet metal behind head of pin. While you pry with sheet metal use large blade screw driver to twist counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise as the Brits say) to get pin started. Once started gently pull pin out. Gently bend inner liner toward center of car. Disconnect wiring connector from bulb or bulb can't be rotated counter-clockwise to remove.

2017 RAV Limited Hybrid
Old age & treachery overcomes youth & skill every time - don't mess with old folks!
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 02:50 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitek79 View Post
I use Diode Dynamics for all my LED's, they make a great product. The dome light bulb measures 30.5 MM, so I ordered a 31mm dual ended bulb.

Just noticed the Reverse lights today, those are 921's, will be ordering a set of those today as well.

Double ended bulbs are called festoons.

I found passenger side back-up bulb a little more difficult to replace due to tighter quarters.

2017 RAV Limited Hybrid
Old age & treachery overcomes youth & skill every time - don't mess with old folks!

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio Herrera View Post
I just saw a YouTube video of the last gen Rav4 of a complete conversation to LED and it looks very easy! It was the map lights, vanity mirror lights, dome light, cargo light, reverse lights, and license plate lights. If the 4.5 gen is as simple it could be done in no time with great results. I know dealers charge hundreds for the same thing.

I wonder what the difficulty level is for swapping the fog lights with LED, since they are so low to the ground.

I know there will be YouTube videos popping up in the coming months. It's just a matter of time.
I replaced the fogs on my 19 adventure.

Toyota actually has OEM LED replacements. I'm not sure about the original halogens but the LEDs look like sealed units so you have to take out the old unit to put in the new instead of just replacing a bulb. The OEM LED replacements were that bad I think maybe about $100. I forked over the money as I didn't want to deal with the LED conversion types with ballasts and what not hanging all over.

It wasn't difficult. All you had to do was carefully remove some of the clips in front wheel liner and a couple screws underneath the corner holding the liner as well. I just took off just enough to be able stick my arm and get a screw driver in there. There are 4 screw type holes on the fog lights but only are actually for screws. the frame has a small post to rest the light to the car body, the other slides into a slot on the body. The one that slides in is key. I couldn't figure it out at first because I was looking for another post or screw.

Whole thing took me an hour at the very most.

Totally looks 10x better than the oem fogs.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I also replaced the fogs on my 2019 Rav4 limited. As you say, remove just enough of the quick snaps and a few 10mm screws to access the inside the wheel well right behind the fog lights. Make sure you get the polarity right before buttoning everything up.

Like another comment, I used the Morimoto XB LED Type T that is for a Tacoma. It is not an exact match when installing but close enough. The Morimotos have an adjustment screw for up and down.

I also replaced the map, dome, cargo, and backup lights with LEDs with the ones mentioned in a comment. I have pry tools and the set I saw on Ebay is about $10 and includes the clip pop tool that is used on the quick snaps. The top console is easy to pop and more so with pry tools. Just start in the center and move around to remove it. Then see the lenses and where to pry loose.

Next, I may upgrade the puddle lights with brighter LEDs.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhunt007 View Post
I also replaced the fogs on my 2019 Rav4 limited. As you say, remove just enough of the quick snaps and a few 10mm screws to access the inside the wheel well right behind the fog lights. Make sure you get the polarity right before buttoning everything up.

Like another comment, I used the Morimoto XB LED Type T that is for a Tacoma. It is not an exact match when installing but close enough. The Morimotos have an adjustment screw for up and down.

I also replaced the map, dome, cargo, and backup lights with LEDs with the ones mentioned in a comment. I have pry tools and the set I saw on Ebay is about $10 and includes the clip pop tool that is used on the quick snaps. The top console is easy to pop and more so with pry tools. Just start in the center and move around to remove it. Then see the lenses and where to pry loose.

Next, I may upgrade the puddle lights with brighter LEDs.
Are the Morimoto XB LED's brighter than the Toyota PT413-4219 LED's? Are they plug and play?

Last edited by hcfd1075; 04-27-2019 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Additional info
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
The Morimotos are brighter than the OEM halogens. I cannot speak about the Toyota aftermarket Toyota PT413-4219. The OEM had a light you would expect from a filament bulb, slightly tinted. The LEDs are brighter and it is white light without the tint. It is plug and play. You have verify the polarity before putting the contacts in the plug. (The contacts come un-assembled from the plug.) Then it connects to the factory connector/receptacle. I am pleased with my mod/upgrade. $170 is pricey and you get what you pay for.

If you do change the foglights, I would suggest you see where the light hits before removing the OEMs. That way you can make the adjustment after the installation of the replacement foglights so the beam is not too low or too high.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those having issues with this here is the parts schematics from Toyota. For these MAP lights, the whole module needs to come out to replace these bulbs safely. Do not try to pull the lens out. Part 81208 is the reference number.

2019 Rav4 Hybrid XSE
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This video was just uploaded recently. Hope this helps out. https://youtu.be/5nz3kZ-GwPk
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Thanked 1,072 Times in 889 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn_x View Post
This video was just uploaded recently. Hope this helps out. https://youtu.be/5nz3kZ-GwPk
That console isn't anything like mine, might be one of the lower trim models tho.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
Cynthia (05-18-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page