RAV4 2019 Japan touchscreen no buttons - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Any car makers that remove audio and/or climate controls from buttons/knobs and put them only in the infotainment touch screen are making huge mistakes. The car brands that have done that have many of their loyal fans screaming to bring buttons back. Volvo is a great example.
The Following User Says Thank You to cometguy For This Useful Post:
FHSPSU67 (03-20-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroman View Post
It might be true, considering that Toyota is a Japanese company haha) However, in my opinion, interior of new 2019 Rav4 sucks. Considering, that Ford recently released a direct competitor Ford Edge, where interior is far beyond Toyota's old one. Also, as it was sad in the review by John Dean, Toyota might be in trouble. Some sneak-pick of ford's interior:
No thank you. Look at the type of shifter. You have to turn a dial. No thank you. Some Honda Pilots have that and the new Passport will have it too. I've read about a lot of problems. Just google
the ZF 9 speed transmission and you'll see. Not for me. Also, for those folks who love the "clean look" of not having knobs and buttons, just go to the Honda Pilot forum "Piloteers" and see how many of them are literally begging to get the volume knob back.

As for me, I am not trying to impress anyone with the clean look of my car. Function should be more important than looks.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 03:02 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroman View Post
It might be true, considering that Toyota is a Japanese company haha) However, in my opinion, interior of new 2019 Rav4 sucks. Considering, that Ford recently released a direct competitor Ford Edge, where interior is far beyond Toyota's old one. Also, as it was sad in the review by John Dean, Toyota might be in trouble. Some sneak-pick of ford's interior:
No thank you. Look at the type of shifter. You have to turn a dial. No thank you. Some Honda Pilots have that and the new Passport will have it too. I've read about a lot of problems. Just google
the ZF 9 speed transmission and you'll see. Not for me. Also, for those folks who love the "clean look" of not having knobs and buttons, just go to the Honda Pilot forum "Piloteers" and see how many of them are literally begging to get the volume knob back.

As for me, I am not trying to impress anyone with the clean look of my car. Function should be more important than looks.
I had a 2017 crv and the worst thing was having to use the touchscreen for the air conditioning. It looks better but it’s a pain to use. Don’t even get me started on the volume touch pad honda put on the steering wheel. Many times I would think, wtf happened to the stereo volume.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
For the life of me I can't comprehend why, but the US manufacturers seem to LOVE to load up their interiors with awful-looking, cheap plastic chrome. In addition to all of the other issues we have been raising, I just don't want a bunch of cheap plastic chrome filling up my interior. I utterly couldn't be happier with my new RAV4 interior, especially including the high position of the navigation / multimedia screen. My trade-in was a 2015 Corolla with navigation and so on, and the screen was much lower in the dash. All I can tell you is that I will never, ever want it anywhere other than "as high as I can get it," like in the RAV4. As I sit in mine, the top of the screen is just barely below the bottom of the windshield, and I think that is just perfect.

2019 RAV4 Limited AWD with Entune 3.0 Premium and Advanced Technology package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page