Door Locks not locking automatically - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Dealer has one other on the lot, with same problem!!!!!!

Mine, I went out and disconnected the negative battery terminal, waited 10-min and reconnected

Auto door locks are now working ..... “ that’s one McD’s happy-meal” for me!!!!!

2019 RAV4 XSE AWD Black & Silver
The Following User Says Thank You to willee51 For This Useful Post:
Rav4_4Me (05-08-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Thanked 1,072 Times in 889 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorts View Post
Have door issue on XLE Hybrid...where is that battery? (:-
Read your owner's manual!! It's under the cargo deck floor, passenger side rear corner.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
Sorry, just tired of seeing people ask questions instead of reading the manual.

2019 XLE Premium AWD

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:53 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorts View Post
not a problem.
And i dont blame those people, 740 pages and links to other pages and "see page xxx". Could be easier to google it or search on the forum.
Or better yet, download the .pdf version from www.toyotaowners.com and search it, much easier, I never use the paper copy, I have the owner's manual on my phone, tablet, laptop and desktop.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
bpedit (05-19-2019)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
XSE owner here, same issue. I actually brought the car in as my SOS button/Entune connectivity and Bluetooth mic stopped working. Their fix was to disconnect battery. Once reconnected, connectivity issues disappeared and the doors locked automatically again.
The Following User Says Thank You to CeeDotA For This Useful Post:
Rav4_4Me (05-14-2019)
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all,

I have this exact same issue on my 2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited (purchased just 2 weeks ago) with the door locks not automatically locking (neither when shifting out of park nor when getting above speed, I have tried both options). I have had *0* other issues with this vehicle and am already at 600mi.

I was very excited to find this thread as it seems like disconnecting the battery for 30min (or so) will potentially fix the problem easily. However, I have a concern...

When I demonstrated this issue to my dealer they first tried to program the feature to "Off" then back to "Shift from P" using the techstream tool. They did this just to see if they could work out the glitch by using the techstream tool rather than just the Entune user interface. When that didn't work they contacted Toyota. After waiting only a couple days (I was surprised it was that quick of a response), the dealer called me and said Toyota has seen this issue and they said the solution is to (keep in mind that this is the dealer service center guy paraphrasing whatever it is they read and then me paraphrasing again from memory!) "...disconnect the battery for 30min, erase ECU memory, re-initializing entire system by re-programming ECU from a clean slate using techstream...". That sounds very extreme/excessive to me.

In any case, here is my specific concern. The #1 reason that I bought this car was for the adaptive cruise and lane tracing features. I do not want to risk having these features broken or somehow screwed up by a tech who doesn't really know what they are doing. So I asked the dealer if anything might happen to the lane tracing during this resetting/re-init procedure and he said they would have to "recalibrate the entire lane tracing sensor system by setting up special targets around the vehicle and running a special calibration program provided by Toyota".

Pg 703 of the user's manual does indeed state that whenever the battery is disconnected that the "Lane Tracing Assist" must be re-initialized. However on pg 267 it only says that you just need to drive in a straight line above 22mph for 5 seconds to reinitialize it. So...what's all this crazy "setting up special targets" stuff that the dealer is talking about?

In all honesty, if there is even a 1% chance of it breaking the lane tracing/adaptive cruise sensor system I'd rather just live without the auto-lock feature.

Am I overthinking this? Am I worried over nothing?

Will disconnecting the battery also erase the few customized settings (I think I had 4 things enabled) that I had the dealer do with techstream earlier where they turned on some non-default features (e.g. windows down with key fob, windows up/down with physical key, etc)? These were specifically features that could only be turned on with techstream and not through the Entune interface or the multi-information display.

Thanks for any advice and thank you to everyone on these forums.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
When the dealership disconnected the battery to reset the system, the only Techstream-programmed feature I have (windows down with keyfob) remained in place. No other settings were disturbed, including all my safety features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdonal View Post
Hi all,

I have this exact same issue on my 2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited (purchased just 2 weeks ago) with the door locks not automatically locking (neither when shifting out of park nor when getting above speed, I have tried both options). I have had *0* other issues with this vehicle and am already at 600mi.

I was very excited to find this thread as it seems like disconnecting the battery for 30min (or so) will potentially fix the problem easily. However, I have a concern...

When I demonstrated this issue to my dealer they first tried to program the feature to "Off" then back to "Shift from P" using the techstream tool. They did this just to see if they could work out the glitch by using the techstream tool rather than just the Entune user interface. When that didn't work they contacted Toyota. After waiting only a couple days (I was surprised it was that quick of a response), the dealer called me and said Toyota has seen this issue and they said the solution is to (keep in mind that this is the dealer service center guy paraphrasing whatever it is they read and then me paraphrasing again from memory!) "...disconnect the battery for 30min, erase ECU memory, re-initializing entire system by re-programming ECU from a clean slate using techstream...". That sounds very extreme/excessive to me.

In any case, here is my specific concern. The #1 reason that I bought this car was for the adaptive cruise and lane tracing features. I do not want to risk having these features broken or somehow screwed up by a tech who doesn't really know what they are doing. So I asked the dealer if anything might happen to the lane tracing during this resetting/re-init procedure and he said they would have to "recalibrate the entire lane tracing sensor system by setting up special targets around the vehicle and running a special calibration program provided by Toyota".

Pg 703 of the user's manual does indeed state that whenever the battery is disconnected that the "Lane Tracing Assist" must be re-initialized. However on pg 267 it only says that you just need to drive in a straight line above 22mph for 5 seconds to reinitialize it. So...what's all this crazy "setting up special targets" stuff that the dealer is talking about?

In all honesty, if there is even a 1% chance of it breaking the lane tracing/adaptive cruise sensor system I'd rather just live without the auto-lock feature.

Am I overthinking this? Am I worried over nothing?

Will disconnecting the battery also erase the few customized settings (I think I had 4 things enabled) that I had the dealer do with techstream earlier where they turned on some non-default features (e.g. windows down with key fob, windows up/down with physical key, etc)? These were specifically features that could only be turned on with techstream and not through the Entune interface or the multi-information display.

Thanks for any advice and thank you to everyone on these forums.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old Today, 03:23 AM

Disconnecting the 12V battery for 10min and reconnecting fixed the auto-locking issue for me as well! Thanks!

Once I reconnected and turned the car back on I had to do a couple things in order to initialize some features of the car to work again:

1) Had to manually close the tailgate one time in order to get the powered open/close working again. This is consistent with what the owner's manual says you need to do after disconnecting the 12V battery.

2) The parking assist, rear cross traffic braking, and LTA functions were stated as being "Unavailable" on the multi-information display. I had to drive the car in straight line above 22mph for at least 5 continuous seconds before they started working again. This is consistent with what the owner's manual says you need to do after disconnecting the 12V battery.

3) Interestingly I did not lose my seat memory settings. I thought for sure that I would but I didn't...

4) Additionally, as another poster mentioned, I did _not_ lose any of my customized techstream settings that were set by the dealer (e.g. key fob windows down, physical key windows up/down, number of blinker blinks, etc).

Hope this helps someone else.

Thank you all!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Garage
^^^^
This.
Worked for me too. The only memory lost was which radio station it was tuned to. Even my customization settings were retailed.
Note that until you drive it to restet the parking assist and such, you may not have access to customization.

2019 Hybrid Limited
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
The only memory lost was which radio station it was tuned to. Even my customization settings were retailed.
Oh yes, I forgot, I did lose all of my programmed radio station shortcuts. But no big deal, only took a few seconds to program them back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement