Door Locks not locking automatically - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Door Locks not locking automatically

New XSE and I noticed that my door locks would not automatically lock when I shift out of park. When I stop my car and put it into park, the locks would unlock. Both are the exact opposite settings I would want.

I RTFM and found how to change these settings and while I got it to stop unlocking when in park by setting it to OFF, I can't get it lock using either setting (Shift FROM Park or Speed). Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? Hoping to save myself a trip to the dealer.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dealer Resolved

Dealer said they never saw this problem before. RAV4 was new. We were told that it passed the pre-delivery inspection that verified everything was working. Took it home and 1st thing we did was program the seats settings and found it didn't work. So much for their process of validating that everything was in working order at time of sale. Dealer tech had to call Toyota Tech Support. The way is was explained to us was they had to disconnect the 12V battery for 15 mins, then connect some "tool/gadget" to reset some control parameter. They said this was not a DIY customer fix. It also fixed the seat memory "not working" problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gfrdwa For This Useful Post:
OscarVB (04-24-2019), Rav4_4Me (04-25-2019)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Thanked 1,072 Times in 889 Posts
Garage
Sounds to me like a poor PDI was done, mine worked perfect from day one, seat memory included, mine was the first '19 the service tech had done in early December, took him over 2hrs to do the custom programming, he even enabled the open all windows and moonroof with the wireless remote which according to the owner's manual is disabled by default, I think he went through every custom option in Techstream to make sure it was good to go, it took me a while to find all the custom settings I wanted when I made changes later.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
Rav4_4Me (04-25-2019)

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i had the same problem with the locks not locking automatically(they would unlock when shifting to park).all i did was disconnect the neg lead on the battery for about 30 min, reconnected it and like magic.the locks work as they should.i also had the seat memory problem that others wrote about.that i fixed by, as someone else posted, moving the seat full forward,full up and full recline, press set ,then 1 and done.now I'm thinking the battery trick might have fixed that also.anyway hope this helps...Rav on!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to risky63 For This Useful Post:
bpedit (05-08-2019), Rav4_4Me (05-01-2019)
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by risky63 View Post
i had the same problem with the locks not locking automatically(they would unlock when shifting to park).all i did was disconnect the neg lead on the battery for about 30 min, reconnected it and like magic.the locks work as they should.i also had the seat memory problem that others wrote about.that i fixed by, as someone else posted, moving the seat full forward,full up and full recline, press set ,then 1 and done.now I'm thinking the battery trick might have fixed that also.anyway hope this helps...Rav on!

Excellent, thank you! This echoes what others have said with the added benefits of no dealer involvement or software. Question though - would disconnecting the battery lead clear all of "my" stuff from Entune? Examples: My phone pairing, contacts, radio presets, or the manual settings adjustments I've made?

Thanks again!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Thanked 1,072 Times in 889 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav4_4Me View Post
Excellent, thank you! This echoes what others have said with the added benefits of no dealer involvement or software. Question though - would disconnecting the battery lead clear all of "my" stuff from Entune? Examples: My phone pairing, contacts, radio presets, or the manual settings adjustments I've made?
See page 693 in the owner's manual for info on initialization after disconnecting the battery.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
bpedit (05-08-2019), Rav4_4Me (05-02-2019)
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
no all your phones/presets will be there.a couple of settings revert back to factory.no big deal to change
The Following User Says Thank You to risky63 For This Useful Post:
Rav4_4Me (05-02-2019)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:45 AM

My mom will be making a trip back to the dealer for the second time. Today she went to the dealer and the dealer couldn’t figure it out. She said the dealer will have to call somebody to verify.

She’s heading back tomorrow for a second time.

REVscene.net
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Have 200 miles on my 2019 xse and the auto door locks do not work at all!! Going backwards o the Stealership tomorrow!!!!!

2019 RAV4 XSE AWD Black & Silver
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:07 AM

I had the same issue. Sounds like it is specific to the XSE. I am the only XSE they have sold so far so I was a little worried that service team would not know what to do. They did the battery disconnect \ reset and the door locks have worked fine since. I traded in a Prius C and was worried I would miss the gas mileage. I had an aftermarket roof rack and bike rack on the Prius C which kept me in the 40 mpg range - I am actually averaging 41.6 in the XSE. So happy to have all the extra space !
The Following User Says Thank You to CAP34 For This Useful Post:
Rav4_4Me (05-08-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement