Map Scale - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Interior Stereos, Amps, Soundproofing, Seats, Gadgets, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Map Scale

Hi...was interested if anyone understands the scaling of the map on the center console display of a 2019 limited RAV4.

How is the scaling of the map determined as one zooms in and out with the + and - buttons. The bar at the bottom of the screen while adjusting the size indicates 1, 2, 4 etc miles, but it is not clear how this is denominated. (miles per screen width? Miles per inch?) My last car had a scale bar on the map image that showed the miles relative to the bar length. However in my 2019 rav4, there is no bar on the screen.

I looked through the manual and the info on the entune and nav system and did not find a clear answer. AND I called Toyota and they could not answer the question either...not sure they understood!!

Your help is appreciated

I have attached a PDF showing the diff between the current screen that has no scale and the older map screen with the map scale in lower left ( an example from my previous cars).

Byron123
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Map Scale Comparison.pdf (351.9 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Garage
Pretty sure its a 1cm scale. So 1mi per cm, etc. If you step it down it'll be feet per cm.

2019 Hybrid Limited
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for response....I have thought it is approx "per cm". But that sure makes it hard to look at the map and figure out the distance to the destination while driving.

It is odd that the actual scale is not visible on the map once the size is changed. A visible scale would be the best way to allow typical use of any map!!! I have never seen a map without a scale...in fact maps are pretty useless without an actual map scale on the map.

When I called Toyota, the Rep really did not understand what I was asking. Well, I am an old guy and maybe in the new world the scale is not needed, but I sure do not understand it....

Byron 123

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Finally got a reply from Toyota.....

The diameter of the circle with the triangle is the same as the scale you select. So if you select 1 mile, the circle covers one mile...who knew??

BTW my local dealer told me the distances on the bar (1, 2, 4 etc miles) are the aerial view metric. Not sure how that would help, but that is not correct!

Best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement