Can ANYONE give me the part number for the oil filter? - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixFord View Post
I was actually in the service department for the 5K tire rotation when I purchased the Oil / Filter. The service tec asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was going to do my services (except the free ones) every 5K. He actually told me that it was a bad idea. And that I would be training my car to expect a service every 5K. AND -that the vehicle needed to operate on the same oil for the first 10K for break-in purposes. Even if I half way believe him, I don't think that changing the oil @ 5K will mess up the break-in (especially since I just returned from a 2K trip). And If I am training the vehicle to expect services every 5K, then so be it. Cause that is what she is going to get anyway.
LOL, I've heard some good ones. Can you train it to beep the horn when it want's to go out?

Seriously, your car it not trainable in any aspect. Change the oil as often as needed to make the customer (you) happy.

Personally, every new car I've bought, the oil has been changed before 1,000 miles, usually before the 750 mile mark. Every 7,500 miles after that, using Castrol full synthetic, but recently switched to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

I've never experienced any oil burning, lifter issues, or bearing issues on any of them. While working on a new house recently, I racked up almost 17,000 miles between changes before I was able to change the oil on one car. It was only down 1/2 qt and the oil wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Not something I'd recommend doing.

Have a good day.

2013 Rav4 XLE w/All Front and Rear LED Lighting
LED DRL @ Fog Light w/Europen rear bumper lighting and Rapid Flash third brake light
Premium H3000 slotted & drilled rotors w/Hybrid ceramic/metallic pads

It's all about seeing, being seen and stopping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoots View Post
So, we have one vote for 90915-YZZM1. Actually, thanks a ton for your help. Looking that up does finally get me to some pages that mention this part number and the 2019 RAV4. And it appears to be almost exclusively eBay pages -- all of the "Toyota" pages (plenty from dealerships, and plenty of Toyota Parts dealers) either don't mention the 2019 RAV4 at all, or give the wrong part number (like my own dealership did) -- 04152-YZZA1. But then, check this page out for fun:

https://parts.toyota.com/p/FILTER---...0915YZZM1.html

Which says, up at the top in big red type:

THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Good freaking grief! Apologies for the screaming in all caps, but I have an oil change scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning, and I have never, ever had so much difficulty just trying to find a simple part number for something so mundane as an oil filter, in the entire 45 years I have been driving cars. Why on EARTH does Toyota seem to find it so difficult to just provide a part number for this oil filter??? Unfreakingbelievable!
See this listing from Ebay. It's a Toyota dealer in Glendale Calif. and shows the same # as PhenixFord displayed in his attachment. If you go to the attachment you showed in your above post, scroll down to where is says "what this fits" and then select "show more" and it shows the Rav4 2019. I went through this years ago when I purchased a 2007 Camry in April, 2016, Toyota released them early, and had a difficult time finding the filter number. One thing I found out on that vehicle is that the # shown on this new 2007 Camry was not the filter number that was released to the public. Seems the factory used a different number, for what reason I have no idea. Good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-TOY...oAAOSw4sNcUOeJ
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=toyto44;2693565]If you go to the attachment you showed in your above post, scroll down to where is says "what this fits" and then select "show more" and it shows the Rav4 2019. I went through this years ago when I purchased a 2007 Camry in April, 2016, Toyota released them early, and had a difficult time finding the filter number. One thing I found out on that vehicle is that the # shown on this new 2007 Camry was not the filter number that was released to the public. Seems the factory used a different number, for what reason I have no idea. Good luck.

Yep, I dug through that attachment and found the reference to the 2019 RAV4. And for giggles, I just searched for 90915-YZZM1 on Amazon. Nothing. The "mystery" surrounding this simple oil filter is utterly astonishing. One of those "I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you" things, I guess.

2019 RAV4 Limited AWD with Entune 3.0 Premium and Advanced Technology package.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
I feel for you, I had the exact same thing trying to find the PN of the Wheels of the 2019 Rav4 ! I got conflicting PN's from different Toyota Dealers and Toyota Canada was NO help at all (useless).

Quote:
So, we have one vote for 90915-YZZM1. Actually, thanks a ton for your help. Looking that up does finally get me to some pages that mention this part number and the 2019 RAV4. And it appears to be almost exclusively eBay pages -- all of the "Toyota" pages (plenty from dealerships, and plenty of Toyota Parts dealers) either don't mention the 2019 RAV4 at all, or give the wrong part number (like my own dealership did) -- 04152-YZZA1. But then, check this page out for fun:

https://parts.toyota.com/p/FILTER---...0915YZZM1.html

Which says, up at the top in big red type:

THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Good freaking grief! Apologies for the screaming in all caps, but I have an oil change scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning, and I have never, ever had so much difficulty just trying to find a simple part number for something so mundane as an oil filter, in the entire 45 years I have been driving cars. Why on EARTH does Toyota seem to find it so difficult to just provide a part number for this oil filter??? Unfreakingbelievable!
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a 2008 Sport with the V8. Not that my filter would be the same as what you need. (mine is a paper element that you put into the aluminum housing). Mine is: Toyota Genuine Parts 04152-YZZA1 Oil Filter and 90430-12028 Oil Drain Plug Gasket Oil

Note: when I have bought this from Amazon with free Prime member shipping, the cost is actually about twice what I would pay if I bought it at the dealer.

Note 2: the "drain" screw outlet on the base of the aluminum housing froze shut after the first or second oil change (i.e. a decade ago). I simply never use it, that system never really worked anyway, the oil gets on my gloved hand anyway. I just have my oil catch basin under the area and that has about a 10-inch diameter catching hole. Of course: drain the oil from the car before you unmount the filter.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
So, we have one vote for 90915-YZZM1. Actually, thanks a ton for your help.

Just FYI - I did the service today. Filter was exact match with the one installed from the factory.

Side Note - I hate the "DIP STICK". No knurls between the high and low mark. I couldn't read it. I just simply put in a little less than spec. I going to wait a few days for the oil to get some color before I check it again. And I'm going to figure out some way to knurl the DIP STICK.

2019 Lunar Rock Adventure
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Mine is 90915-YZZF2 for 1998 RAV4.

P.S. Change your own oil, DIY. Retail oil changes leave too much room for fraud, scams, rip-offs. I've changed my own oil on my Toyotas since... 1986. Complete oil change takes me c. 7-min. All OEM Toyota parts. Don't be a TLA (Typical Lazy American). Change your own oil. It's the single most important maintenance step you can take to ensure longevity in your precious RAV4. Is seven minutes twice a year worth it?

P.S. If you still need your part number, keep calling Toyota Dealer Parts Depts. until one of them gives you the 10-digit hyphenated number. Did I mention, change your own dad-gum oil?

'98 RAV4 5-Speed 2WD 4-Dr. hardtop 2.0-L. gas I-4 engine. Venetian Red Pearl. Tail Light Guards (Manik). Michelin LTX M/S2 tires & spare. LED headlamps. Roof luggage rack. 5th-door saddle bags. Custom leather steering wheel cover. Sheepskin seat covers. Billiard ball #13 shift knob. Alloy wheels. Push Bar grille guard, LED fog lamps. Suede door panel inserts. Faux-suede center console cover. Driver/passenger grab-assist handles.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixFord View Post
Just FYI - I did the service today. Filter was exact match with the one installed from the factory.

Side Note - I hate the "DIP STICK". No knurls between the high and low mark. I couldn't read it. I just simply put in a little less than spec. I going to wait a few days for the oil to get some color before I check it again. And I'm going to figure out some way to knurl the DIP STICK.
What I have done on the last three Toyota's I have had is to take sand paper and rough up the area between the full and add marks. I use a fairly rough grit sandpaper, something around an 80 grit. Get both sides of the dip stick sanded, clean the area well. This helps in reading the oil level, but for some reason the plain dipstick and the thin synthetic oil is difficult to read, especially when first installed.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyto44 View Post
What I have done on the last three Toyota's I have had is to take sand paper and rough up the area between the full and add marks. I use a fairly rough grit sandpaper, something around an 80 grit. Get both sides of the dip stick sanded, clean the area well. This helps in reading the oil level, but for some reason the plain dipstick and the thin synthetic oil is difficult to read, especially when first installed.
Sanding the dip stick is a good idea ... I have also thought about doing it but was going to research it first to see if it worked. As you said, clean synthetic oil can be hard to read on a Toyota dipstick.

2006 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD
2006 Sienna Limited V6 AWD
2008 Lexus RX350 V6 AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page