Can ANYONE give me the part number for the oil filter? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Can ANYONE give me the part number for the oil filter?

Folks,

Well, I absolutely, utterly CANNOT believe it: I just cannot find the correct part number on the entire Internet for the oil filter we need. I understand it is a "spin on" filter. I understand it's the same one that the 2.5-liter Camry engine uses. But, WHAT IS THE FREAKING MODEL NUMBER???? That's what I utterly cannot find anywhere, at least reliably. I actually went to the parts department of the dealership that I bought the car from, and they gave me the WRONG filter and model number: 04152-YZZA. But, that is a "some assembly required" filter. So, very simple question: What is the Toyota part number for the proper filter?

I'm allegedly going to have my oil changed tomorrow as my favorite garage (5,000 miles), and I decided to open up my filter box -- wrong filter! But, looking at everything I can find on the Internet, I utterly can't find anything that definitively says that "the oil filter part number is "whatever." I'd sure appreciate your help, if you know what's going on here.

Thanks!

2019 RAV4 Limited AWD with Entune 3.0 Premium and Advanced Technology package.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Here it is. Oops. Sorry it's sideways.

PS: It comes with a Crush Washer for the Drain Plug.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1500.jpg (101.1 KB, 23 views)

2019 Lunar Rock Adventure
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So, we have one vote for 90915-YZZM1. Actually, thanks a ton for your help. Looking that up does finally get me to some pages that mention this part number and the 2019 RAV4. And it appears to be almost exclusively eBay pages -- all of the "Toyota" pages (plenty from dealerships, and plenty of Toyota Parts dealers) either don't mention the 2019 RAV4 at all, or give the wrong part number (like my own dealership did) -- 04152-YZZA1. But then, check this page out for fun:

https://parts.toyota.com/p/FILTER---...0915YZZM1.html

Which says, up at the top in big red type:

THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

Good freaking grief! Apologies for the screaming in all caps, but I have an oil change scheduled for first thing tomorrow morning, and I have never, ever had so much difficulty just trying to find a simple part number for something so mundane as an oil filter, in the entire 45 years I have been driving cars. Why on EARTH does Toyota seem to find it so difficult to just provide a part number for this oil filter??? Unfreakingbelievable!

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoots View Post
So, we have one vote for 90915-YZZM1. Actually, thanks a ton for your help.

To be totally fair, I haven't installed this filter yet. I purchased the oil and filter from my local dealer last week. I planed on doing the service last weekend. But, my plans were changed when my employer decided I needed to work all weekend. My current plans are to do the service within the next couple of days.

I've also been confused about why stuff like this is so hard to find. Even though the filter looks a lot smaller than usual (compared to other vehicles I've owned). The diameter of the filter and threads size looks like it should be fairly compatible with aftermarket products. And, both the filter and the oil were really cheaper than what I normally pay for an oil service. Just not sure of the quality though?

I did like how the filter came with a crush washer. But, then again, I've never had to replace a crush washer before?

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:52 PM

Location: New Jersey - north west area where you don't parallel park
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
There are many sites that have not updated to 2019 cars.
You do know that you get free oil changes from any Toyota dealer for the first two years. They are 10K changes, assuming you just don't trust 10K oil changes ?
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
assuming you just don't trust 10K oil changes ?

Considering changes are going to cost $30.

So for 100,000 miles, the cost will be an additional $300. Fairly cheep insurance, don't you think?

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
There are many sites that have not updated to 2019 cars.
You do know that you get free oil changes from any Toyota dealer for the first two years. They are 10K changes, assuming you just don't trust 10K oil changes ?

Yes, I'm not comfortable with 10,000-mile intervals. I have been going to the same independent shop for about 35 years, and the dealership I bought my RAV4 from is about a half-hour drive up the freeway. Yes, there is a Toyota dealer in my town. No, I won't set foot in the place, let alone allow the clowns who "work" there to touch my car. At any rate, this is the second car I've had with the Toyota 10,000-mile free oil changes, and I have talked with the folks from my shop, and we are all far more comfortable with 5,000-mile intervals. They have explained how they have seen some pretty ugly things in 10,000-mile-old oil they have removed from some cars. So, I'll do the first change at 5,000 miles with my garage, the second at 10,000 miles at my dealership, then repeat for 15,000 and 20,000 miles, and then I won't be driving up the freeway to get any further oil changes.

post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixFord View Post
Considering changes are going to cost $30.

So for 100,000 miles, the cost will be an additional $300. Fairly cheep insurance, don't you think?

Exactly. Once upon a time, I changed synthetic oil at 3,000 mile intervals. After about a decade, I finally relaxed to 4,000 mile intervals, and finally I'm at 5,000 mile intervals. I don't expect to be going any longer than that. "Cheapest insurance you can buy."

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoots View Post
Yes, I'm not comfortable with 10,000-mile intervals.

I was actually in the service department for the 5K tire rotation when I purchased the Oil / Filter. The service tec asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was going to do my services (except the free ones) every 5K. He actually told me that it was a bad idea. And that I would be training my car to expect a service every 5K. AND -that the vehicle needed to operate on the same oil for the first 10K for break-in purposes. Even if I half way believe him, I don't think that changing the oil @ 5K will mess up the break-in (especially since I just returned from a 2K trip). And If I am training the vehicle to expect services every 5K, then so be it. Cause that is what she is going to get anyway.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixFord View Post
I was actually in the service department for the 5K tire rotation when I purchased the Oil / Filter. The service tec asked me what I was doing. I told him that I was going to do my services (except the free ones) every 5K. He actually told me that it was a bad idea. And that I would be training my car to expect a service every 5K. AND -that the vehicle needed to operate on the same oil for the first 10K for break-in purposes. Even if I half way believe him, I don't think that changing the oil @ 5K will mess up the break-in (especially since I just returned from a 2K trip). And If I am training the vehicle to expect services every 5K, then so be it. Cause that is what she is going to get anyway.

Next time, ask that guy why the car's "maintenance required" display goes off at 5,000 miles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page