Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Jacking Points

30K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Quickdtoo 
#1 ·
Does our 2019 Rav4 have other Jacking Points other than the typical ones that are on the sides (notches) ??? I see two more but I just want to make 100% sure ! Thanks guys.

#4 ·
Got it thanks.

This can make it easier, lifting the Rav4 on the front center point and then placing either Jack Stands or Ramps and there you go !

#5 ·
OK, so when I get it in the air where am I allowed to place jack stands? Can I put them under the control arms and lower it down on the stands - or? Anyone done this?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am coming from owning primarily trucks for the last 30 years.

#7 ·
I have learned this over my years as a mechanic. Don't EVER lift a car by the pinch weld. As soon as you do, you crack the paint/sealer and it starts to rust. I always lift by a solid structural member. Ask me why I have to replace the rocker panels on an otherwise perfectly healthy rav4 that I bought from a friend.

#8 ·
I am in general agreement - however being only a shade tree mechanicaI am at a bit of a loss on where to place the jack stands once its in the air other than under the pinch welds. Under the Control arms I suppose - but that doesn't look that solid, and putting stands under a sprung position can cause things to shift if the car moves?

I am thinking of getting some of those neaprene pieces with the grooves in them - designed for this purpose?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.