Toyota NOT replacing any more transfer cases - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Mechanical Intakes, Exhaust, Tune-ups, 4x4 system, Suspension, Brakes, etc.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Toyota NOT replacing any more transfer cases

I "had" an appointment scheduled for 7 AM in the morning to have the transfer case replaced. . Just literally got off the phone with the service manager. Canceled my appointment and told me that Toyota is working to resolve the issue. And they will contact me again as soon as a resolution is found.

I'll give it a week or maybe two. In the mean time, I'm going to research "other" alternatives.

2019 Lunar Rock Adventure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixFord View Post
I "had" an appointment scheduled for 7 AM in the morning to have the transfer case replaced. . Just literally got off the phone with the service manager. Canceled my appointment and told me that Toyota is working to resolve the issue. And they will contact me again as soon as a resolution is found.

I'll give it a week or maybe two. In the mean time, I'm going to research "other" alternatives. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG]
same happened to me yesterday they told the same they told you
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Sounds like Toyota finally realized that replacing the transfer case with the same exact part number isn't helping. Hopefully this means they are finally in the process of updating the transfer case.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixFord View Post

I'll give it a week or maybe two. In the mean time, I'm going to research "other" alternatives.

Okay, fair enough, I suppose, but did they give you any recommendations? I assume you had the appt because you’re experiencing the “groaning” noise others have reported...so if they’re not fixing it, did they say it’s safe to drive in the state it’s in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDPete View Post
Okay, fair enough, I suppose, but did they give you any recommendations? I assume you had the appt because you’re experiencing the “groaning” noise others have reported...so if they’re not fixing it, did they say it’s safe to drive in the state it’s in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. No information what so ever. They pretty much said that even they didn't know what will be next. Almost felt like a brush-off. So - I took the initiative to call Toyota Customer Service. I didn't get to speak to a Rep today. Waiting on a return call. But I have officially logged a complaint and have a case number. Guess I'm just waiting to see what happens next.

2019 Lunar Rock Adventure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement