Limited vs. Adventure Trims -- Why is Adventure More Expensive? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 General Discuss anything RAV4.5 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Limited vs. Adventure Trims -- Why is Adventure More Expensive?

I'm scratching my head here and would love if someone can help point out what I'm missing.

Based on MSRP, it appears that a Limited trim is actually cheaper (by $5) than an Adventure trim fully loaded according to the build-your-car section of the Toyota website.

This is strange because the Limited has a number of things the Adventure doesn't: "birds eye view" perimeter scan, panoramic sunroof, foot-activated liftgate, memory seats, and the digital rearview mirror.

There are just 3 things the Adventure has that the Limited doesn't: greater towing capacity (3,500 lbs vs. 1,500 lbs), AC plug in back, and roof rails.

I realize out-the-door prices may vary, but I'm struggling to understand if there is something I'm missing on the Adventure trim that would justify effectively the same price as the Limited without offering all of those premium features.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Adventure has AWD standard. Birds Eye is an optional feature
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Thanked 1,065 Times in 885 Posts
Garage
The higher tow capacity for the Adventure is due to having more engine, oil and transmission cooling, all of which the Limited doesn't have and they add to the cost. The ice edge two-tone paint option also increases cost over the Limited which is mono-tone.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
outbackandy (12-14-2018)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowmeist3r View Post
I'm scratching my head here and would love if someone can help point out what I'm missing.

Based on MSRP, it appears that a Limited trim is actually cheaper (by $5) than an Adventure trim fully loaded according to the build-your-car section of the Toyota website.

This is strange because the Limited has a number of things the Adventure doesn't: "birds eye view" perimeter scan, panoramic sunroof, foot-activated liftgate, memory seats, and the digital rearview mirror.

There are just 3 things the Adventure has that the Limited doesn't: greater towing capacity (3,500 lbs vs. 1,500 lbs), AC plug in back, and roof rails.

I realize out-the-door prices may vary, but I'm struggling to understand if there is something I'm missing on the Adventure trim that would justify effectively the same price as the Limited without offering all of those premium features.
Yes the pricing is interesting, I think the first point is that it seems like Toyota has always only had best options available on the limited and has been getting pressure for doing this.

So they let you get a lot of options on the XLE PREMIUM, ADVENTURE, AND LIMITED which I believe is a good thing.

Yes you can get the digital mirror on the adventure.

What I did was build online of each premium, adventure, and limited and I think if I remember correctly there was only a 3-4 thousands difference with the options that I wanted between the three . Then I looked to see which options that I had to get with each and narrowed it down from there and ended up with an xle premium that fits my needs perfect except for getting force into a sunroof. If I could have deleted the sunroof and saved a couple thousand I would have felt much better and been fairly happy with the price. Navigation would have also been a nice option but not a must in today’s world.

The Adventure, I didn't need cooled seats, didn't want sunroof, don't care for the look of the wheels, torque vectoring is not a must, wanted memory seats, I prefer a gray interior, don’t need the towing, I still like the exterior looks of the adventure the best overall.

The Limited, didn't want panoramic sunroof, didn't need cooled seats, didn't need rear heating, don’t need Birdseye, torque vectoring not a must, interior ambient lighting would be nice.

So the XLE PREMUIM was the cheapest only by a little but is closest thing to how I would want it, too bad they make me get the sunroof or it would be perfect. When I built them online the way I wanted them the adventure was the most expensive, then the limited followed by the premium. I guess it all depends on what you want. At least we do have some good choices with lots of available options from LE to LIMITED.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Limited has drivers seat memory. Not available, even as an option, on other trims. My wife and I have very different seating positions and share driving, so it is a must for us. Also, we're used to it on the vehicle that we will be trading, an 11 y.o. Nissan Murano.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:51 PM

XLE Premium can have drivers memory seat by ordering weather package
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1050 Post(s)
Thanked 1,065 Times in 885 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeviewer View Post
Limited has drivers seat memory. Not available, even as an option, on other trims. My wife and I have very different seating positions and share driving, so it is a must for us. Also, we're used to it on the vehicle that we will be trading, an 11 y.o. Nissan Murano.
What Jimm said, my XLE Premium has the XLE Premium grade weather package which has memory driver's seat. The XLE Premium is sort of a Limited Lite!

Quote:
XLE Premium Grade Weather Package ó Heated leather-trimmed steering wheel, heated front seats, 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with two-position memory function and lumbar support, and rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with de-icer function
https://www.toyota.com/RAV4/features...4430/4440/4477

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
What Jimm said, my XLE Premium has the XLE Premium grade weather package which has memory driver's seat. The XLE Premium is sort of a Limited Lite!

https://www.toyota.com/RAV4/features...4430/4440/4477
Interesting, when I did "compare vehicles" on the Toyota web site, it doesn't show it in the XLE Premium columnbut, as you point out, it is shown in a package when "built" an XLE. I'll have to compare the Limited and the XlE Premium more closely.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone know when the adventure will start showing up?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 03:44 PM

My dealer in Va has them now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page