Mods to RAV4? - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 General Discuss anything RAV4.5 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
The Remote Connect trial is only 6 months unlike the other connected services that are 3 years, after 6 month it costs $8 a month or $80 a year, see the Service pricing sheet which doesn't include the '19 Rav4 yet, but all Entune 3.0 vehicles have the same trial periods.

For remote connect to function properly both the vehicle and your cell phone must have an internet connection, my phone will connect to my vehicle with wifi or data, but I think the vehicle must connect with data which might be hard in a parking structure.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/faqs#a...MOTE%20CONNECT

https://www.toyota.com/content/entun...es_Pricing.pdf
Not sure but I think your wrong please let me know, you should only need a cellular connection not a internet connection. Try and turn your data off and see if it works?

Here is what I found

Toyota Entune™ 3.0 Remote Connect, available on select 2018 or newer vehicles, is an advanced vehicle app that enables you to connect to Toyota Entune™ 3.0 technology and manage your Toyota from any distance (as long as both your vehicle & smartphone are able to establish cellular connections). The app allows you to remotely lock/unlock your doors and start/stop the engine, find your parked vehicle, and set speed/distance alerts for guest drivers. Toyota Remote is optimized for your smartphone but not for tablets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 11:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddot View Post
Not sure but I think your wrong please let me know, you should only need a cellular connection not a internet connection. Try and turn your data off and see if it works?
I don't use data at home because I have wifi available, my phone still connects to the car thru the app, have used it many times, that's why I said the car needs a data connection which I think is done thru the DCM(data connection module), likely the same connection for the SOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
For remote connect to function properly both the vehicle and your cell phone must have an internet connection, my phone will connect to my vehicle with wifi or data, but I think the vehicle must connect with data which might be hard in a parking structure.
https://corporatenews.pressroom.toyo...ccelerates.htm

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #23 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Agree. I have used the remote connect in all kinds of closed parking structures and it works perfectly! I did not set up wifi on my car so it must work through cell phone signals (data connection module).

post #24 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:44 AM

Another advantage of the remote connect app is that it works even if you are far away. For example, my off site covered parking that is a good 10 minute walk from my work building and I can turn the car on as I am walking towards parking. It is perfectly safe to do so because the car will not open or start without a key. Actually, the engine turns off the moment you open the door. I might just sign up for the remote connect in the winter months. Summer isn't too bad here.
post #25 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmb2003 View Post
Agree. I have used the remote connect in all kinds of closed parking structures and it works perfectly! I did not set up wifi on my car so it must work through cell phone signals (data connection module).
No argument that it does work through cell phone signals...problem is that at both home and work I'm in underground parking structures, and there is simply ZERO signal down there of any kind...wifi, cellular, nada...

I've tested it, can't find vehicle. Seems like a nice app, but for me, wouldn't be able use it most of the time...of course, as my car is in a garage, the need to warm it up when it's cold outside doesn't matter as much either, so whatever...just that I don't really see a need for myself to spend $8/month on it once trial is over.
post #26 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackandy View Post
Easy a five minute job, looks like one 10mm bolt and easy to get at.
I just ordered these, price is right and they have the right connector, mount may need modification, but that's easy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...qh_dp_hza?th=1

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
outbackandy (03-23-2019), SpasticChildren (04-15-2019)
post #27 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:52 PM

I tried in an underground parking at work today. It worked. I guess whether it works or not depends on whether there is any signal.
post #28 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
I replaced the "easy" horn only to learn it's apparently not a horn even tho it looks like one, there's no power to it when the horn is activated, there are actually two other horns in front of the radiator behind the grill where they normally would be, one on each side. I'm wondering it the "easy" one is part of the factory anti-theft alarm system.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
The Following User Says Thank You to Quickdtoo For This Useful Post:
outbackandy (01-28-2019)
post #29 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 05:39 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
Got the Hella horns mounted, I used the Hella mounts instead of trying to remove the mounts that are on the OEM horns, they use a thin nut that I dreaded trying to remove. OEM wire connectors plugged right in, the hardest part was snaking the black cover above the radiator off, it's flexible enough to do without removing the hood latch, just had to pull the upper grill surround forward a little to get it off, same for installing it, once that cover is off the horns are easily accessed, no where near the trouble getting at the horns as the 4.4 was. Horns sound great, you can hear them on the Amazon reviews, there are a couple videos. One suggestion, be sure to have your tool recovery gadget handy, I dropped my ratchet down in front of the radiator, a strong magnet on the end of a dowel saved me from having to remove under shields to get at it!

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #30 of 183 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Garage
One other mod I did today is Xpel clear door sill guard, easy to apply just like 3M paint protection film and covers the entire sill, not just the top like OEM sill protectors, it wraps around the edge which is where the worst scrapes happen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

2019 XLE Premium AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page