2019 RAV4 owners feedback - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 General Discuss anything RAV4.5 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Main View Post
It seems as if Toyota uses whatever tire they can get their hands on. My 2018 LTD has the Toyos, the neighbor's family has two 2018's, a XLE with Michelins and a SE with Bridgestones. I'm hoping when I get a new Rav4, it comes with the Michelins. I had two Grand Cherokees that I put Cross Terrains on, and though that tire is no longer available, the Defenders and Latitudes seem to be just as good.
Have had my 2019 Trail (Adventure) for 2 weeks. No complaints, love the vehicle...the vehicle feels substantial, solidly built. Must be the new platform. No wind noise, you hear the engine when you step on it but then quiets down right away and is very quiet, gas mileage is impressive. Have been averaging 8 to 9 litres per 100 kms., in both highway and around town driving the last 2 weeks. Still on the first tank of gas. I received Michelins on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianroadie32 View Post
I have put 1000 km on mine so far and liking it more each day. My 2019 has replaced my 2013 I the overall vehicle is improved. I hope the same quality as my 2013 was bullet proof until I ran into a work truck.
I am however taking into the dealer today as I am finding dark spots along both sides. They do not come off by simply washing as they need to be scrubbed hard. Not sure what it is as I have never had it on my vehicle before.
Did you ever find out what the spots were?

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table.

2019 XLE Premium
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
They were unsure but thought I’d might have been from a protective coating on one of the parts. But as usual the detail guy (Mike from North London Toyota) was great. He tried a wash which did not remove the spots then he used a cleaner than he said was a varsol and that worked perfect. Please note....I am 95% sure it was a varsol product but don’t use varsol based on my memory...just in case I’m incorrect....please confirm with a detailed. But spots are gone ��
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianroadie32 For This Useful Post:
pweezil (01-06-2019)

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 05:53 PM

Thanks. Mine is still being built, but I was curios about the spots.

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table.

2019 XLE Premium
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Garage
Took an LE for a test drive today while mine was in for service and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I could notice the power increase over my 2014 and the transmission seemed to work very well at holding highway speeds and shifting (transmission programming is my biggest complaint in mine). The noise level was fine and the ride was good. Now I can't wait to try the Hybrid in the spring!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

2014 RAV4 Limited Magnetic Grey/TerraCotta
2010 F150
2001 Mustang (track toy)
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
We bought an AWD LE and on the second day took it for a 1000kms trip and another 1000kms a few days later

Engine noise in city could be a bit quieter, but I don't hear it on the highway. Going 115-125 kmh, the only thing I could hear were the Toyo G3 winter tire.

Seating was better than expected, no sore back after 9 hours driving, but would of been nice if they added a tad more padding to the left area where your elbow rest on the door.

Fuel economy was between 7.6L/100kms and 7.8L/100kms the whole trip. It's been better than our 2012 Kia Rio lol. We did 3 consecutives tanks of gas with a range of 600-615kms.

Coming from a 2012 kia sorento with 190k, the ride quality is amazing. We are always looking to driving the Rav when ever we can..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunken For This Useful Post:
Andre Lofano (01-19-2019), outbackandy (01-08-2019)
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I picked up my 2019 Adventure on Saturday drove it 315 miles on Sunday here in Minnesota , I just filled it back up it took 9.5 gals, I would never see that from the 2016 Jeep Wrangler that I traded it in for.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackandy View Post
I picked up my 2019 Adventure on Saturday drove it 315 miles on Sunday here in Minnesota , I just filled it back up it took 9.5 gals, I would never see that from the 2016 Jeep Wrangler that I traded it in for.

I hear you, the economy is impressive. That's a major plus for me. My old SUV economy on the highway is not even be close to what my RAV does in city lol.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
I am glad owners are posting their feedback. I have been reading reviews online and nothing consistent for the most part. For example Edmund's gave it a "Pro" for cargo room, while Cars.com gave it a "Bad" for cargo room.

I am waiting on the hybrid to replace my 2015 Forester XT I am averaging 23 mpg it has been at the dealer twice for the turbo leaking. First they gave me a 2019 Forester Sport averaged 24.9 mpg over 300 miles. Currently have a 2019 Forester Limited 181 miles at 26 mpg. Not much better than my XT. Also the stop/start can be terrible in some instances where it feels like the vehicle is stalling. Acceleration not good from a stand still. I was merging on a route I normally do daily I stomp on the accelerator and waited for it to go. A vehicle that was quite a distance off when I merge was right on me. Never happen with my XT.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 11:42 AM

haven't driven it much

I've had the new RAV4 for a few weeks but have not driven it much. We finally traded in our 2000 RAV4, so the difference is significant. We have the XLE Premium with power driver seat, power rear hatch, digital rear view mirror, Softex seats, and JBL system among other things. I'd have to research to figure out what all it came with.

There are a few annoyances that I may eventually get over. (1) There is some silver trim and lighter material on the dash that reflects off the front windows. I'm thinking about turning the those silver trim black with Plasti-dip. (2) I'm not fond of the bolsters on the front seat. When I turn to get out of the car, I have to "overcome" those bolsters to get out. I would prefer a flat seat. (3) There seems to be some hesitation when accelerating from a stop. It seems to pause 2 or 3 times just to get to normal driving speed (35-40 mph). I remember driving my brother's old Honda CRV and I was much annoyed by this pausing and how I didn't experience it in the 2000 RAV4. Maybe I just need to learn some new finesse with the gas pedal.

I do love being able adjust the seat height.

I'd be curious how loud it is on the highway. In the 2000 RAV4, I'd almost have to yell to maintain a conversation while driving on the highway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page