2019 RAV4 owners feedback - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 General Discuss anything RAV4.5 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Red face 2019 RAV4 owners feedback

Hi Folks,



Happy New Year to all!


I hope we have a few people who have already bought the 2019 RAV4 and using it.


It will bet good to get their feedback on their vehicles so far in terms of

- Noises (engine, road, wind)
- Seat comfort and ride quality

- Handling
- real life mpg


Quickdtoo, I knowyou have bought an XLE premium - what's your experience so far? Also, were you able install any hood insulation yet?


Thanks!
sxk100 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to sxk100 For This Useful Post:
TinTin (01-03-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member
Country: Quickdtoo's Flag is: United States
 
Quickdtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SW Washington
Posts: 4,709
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,075 Times in 892 Posts
Garage
Still on my first tank, have less than 250 miles on it so far, I don't drive much this time of year, seat comfort and ride is just as good, if not better than m '16 Ltd HV so far which I had no complaints about except on jarring bumps and pot holes which the '19 dampens much better, I really enjoy driving the '19. No other complaints other than engine noise around town and road noise at 65-70mph is more than I like, I'm blaming it on the Yokohama Avid GT OEM tires(not Avid Ascend GT!), so I'm swapping them out for Michelin Defender LX M/S as soon as Costco gets them in, they had a 1-day New Years special yesterday of $70 off on 4 tires which is common, but they also offered 25% off of the regular price on 4 in the form of a Costco cash card which brings the total price to just under $700 including fees, tax and mounting.

Haven't done the hood yet, waiting for a bit warmer and dryer weather for that, I don't have a garage that I can use. I have yet to notice wind noise even at 70mph, but my 70 plus year old hearing isn't the best, I asked my lil bit younger wife who has great hearing about wind noise, she hasn't noticed it either.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
Quickdtoo is offline  
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
Still on my first tank, have less than 250 miles on it so far, I don't drive much this time of year, seat comfort and ride is just as good, if not better than m '16 Ltd HV so far which I had no complaints about except on jarring bumps and pot holes which the '19 dampens much better, I really enjoy driving the '19. No other complaints other than engine noise around town and road noise at 65-70mph is more than I like, I'm blaming it on the Yokohama Avid GT OEM tires(not Avid Ascend GT!), so I'm swapping them out for Michelin Defender LX M/S as soon as Costco gets them in, they had a 1-day New Years special yesterday of $70 off on 4 tires which is common, but they also offered 25% off of the regular price on 4 in the form of a Costco cash card which brings the total price to just under $700 including fees, tax and mounting.

Haven't done the hood yet, waiting for a bit warmer and dryer weather for that, I don't have a garage that I can use. I have yet to notice wind noise even at 70mph, but my 70 plus year old hearing isn't the best, I asked my lil bit younger wife who has great hearing about wind noise, she hasn't noticed it either.
Thank you for the detailed feedback. As always much appreciated!
sxk100 is offline  
 
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Senior Member
Country: Glideslope's Flag is: United States
 
Glideslope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Thanks: 72
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
Still on my first tank, have less than 250 miles on it so far, I don't drive much this time of year, seat comfort and ride is just as good, if not better than m '16 Ltd HV so far which I had no complaints about except on jarring bumps and pot holes which the '19 dampens much better, I really enjoy driving the '19. No other complaints other than engine noise around town and road noise at 65-70mph is more than I like, I'm blaming it on the Yokohama Avid GT OEM tires(not Avid Ascend GT!), so I'm swapping them out for Michelin Defender LX M/S as soon as Costco gets them in, they had a 1-day New Years special yesterday of $70 off on 4 tires which is common, but they also offered 25% off of the regular price on 4 in the form of a Costco cash card which brings the total price to just under $700 including fees, tax and mounting.

Haven't done the hood yet, waiting for a bit warmer and dryer weather for that, I don't have a garage that I can use. I have yet to notice wind noise even at 70mph, but my 70 plus year old hearing isn't the best, I asked my lil bit younger wife who has great hearing about wind noise, she hasn't noticed it either.
Youíll love those Defenders.

2017 Super White AWD XLE. Black Interior.
2014 Super White AWD XLE. Black Interior.
2010 I-4 AWD Silver, Grey Interior XLE.
2006 I-4 FWD Gold, Tan Interior, Base.
Glideslope is offline  
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:26 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
LOVING my Adventure with premium sound, weather, and tech.

Mine come with Toyo Open Country tires. Zero tire noise, from what I've noted, thus far--94 miles on it currently.

Had worried for engine and wind noise. Having driven even interstate, I have noticed neither to a point that its noisy. Some wind, mainly from cross-bars. Around town, its rather silent. Haven't noted road noise on either Interstate, and certainly not around town.

Got 30.3 mpg on interstate--25 minute trip. Higher altitude in 20 degree weather with 30.3 mpg I would say is excellent. Could not be more happy that I, in the end, chose the Rav4 over the CX-5 turbo. The low mileage on the CX-5 would have had me regretting my purchase rather quickly. Around town, I seem to be getting 25-27 mpg.

Superb handling, even with some icy areas (just snowed a few days ago). You receive a warning on the display that roads may be icy.

Seats (especially driver's side) are soft and comfortable.

Let my 78 year old father try it out to get his opinion. After the ride? "Best car you've ever owned. Perhaps the best car any of us in this fam have bought." I've been the owner of the 1st generation CR-V, 1st generation Jeep Renegade, 2007 Rav4 V6 engine--all being brand new. He especially noted the lumbar support in driver's seat.
Evrafter is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Evrafter For This Useful Post:
outbackandy (01-03-2019), TinTin (01-03-2019), VonJot (01-03-2019)
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 12:47 PM
Junior Member
Country: Canadianroadie32's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Canada London Ont
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
So far..so good

I have put 1000 km on mine so far and liking it more each day. My 2019 has replaced my 2013 I the overall vehicle is improved. I hope the same quality as my 2013 was bullet proof until I ran into a work truck.
I am however taking into the dealer today as I am finding dark spots along both sides. They do not come off by simply washing as they need to be scrubbed hard. Not sure what it is as I have never had it on my vehicle before.
Canadianroadie32 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianroadie32 For This Useful Post:
outbackandy (01-03-2019)
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianroadie32 View Post
I have put 1000 km on mine so far and liking it more each day. My 2019 has replaced my 2013 I the overall vehicle is improved. I hope the same quality as my 2013 was bullet proof until I ran into a work truck.
I am however taking into the dealer today as I am finding dark spots along both sides. They do not come off by simply washing as they need to be scrubbed hard. Not sure what it is as I have never had it on my vehicle before.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check mine more closely today in the light after work.
Evrafter is offline  
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Interesting points about the tires.....wonder why Toyota chose the Yokohama Avid tires for the US market....I think (looking at the review videos) Canadian XLE/Limited models come with Michelin tires.
sxk100 is offline  
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:34 PM
Senior Member
Country: EddieJoe's Flag is: United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Florida
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
2019 RAV4 owners feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxk100 View Post
Interesting points about the tires.....wonder why Toyota chose the Yokohama Avid tires for the US market....I think (looking at the review videos) Canadian XLE/Limited models come with Michelin tires.


The guaranteed correct answer is the low bid, and whatever tires a manufacturer couldnít sell otherwise.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EddieJoe is offline  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 10:32 PM
Junior Member
Country: Wrong Main's Flag is: United States
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It seems as if Toyota uses whatever tire they can get their hands on. My 2018 LTD has the Toyos, the neighbor's family has two 2018's, a XLE with Michelins and a SE with Bridgestones. I'm hoping when I get a new Rav4, it comes with the Michelins. I had two Grand Cherokees that I put Cross Terrains on, and though that tire is no longer available, the Defenders and Latitudes seem to be just as good.
Wrong Main is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome