HOW NICE - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 General Discuss anything RAV4.5 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Fitmiss
While I am contemplating a new car within the next year, there’s something comforting about having a 2009 that already has dents. I’m not in a hurry to worry about all the idiots that don’t care about anyone’s property. Sorry about your car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fitmiss For This Useful Post:
Andre Lofano (05-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowedroid View Post
The first week I had my adventure someone opened their back prius door into my car. Luckily it was into the black fender trim piece, so no mark left. I still lost my mind, it was an adult, getting INTO the back door, so they had full sight and control over the situation.
Wonder how that inconsiderate ass would feel if after buying a new car someone does the exact same thing. Like come on, have some respect and give some care when opening doors.
The Following User Says Thank You to XA50_Trail For This Useful Post:
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I will go get some estimates before calling the insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM05 View Post
Man... that totally sucks, and on church parking lot of all places. Sorry to hear that. How bad is it?

2019 Rav4 LE AWD Silver Sky Metallic, came with 3KM ODO

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy

I had parked the car in what I thought was a strategical-safe spot but I guess I was wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbw View Post
That's awful. Seems you can never park far enough away. Some butt hole will always park right on top of you.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I notified the Bishopric of my ward. I am so disappointed in what happened and mostly disappointed that NO note was left. Isn't that a hit and run ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyALee View Post
any security camera footage? maybe can get license plate?

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
To most people a car is an appliance. My father is law is horrible about it. I park in the boonies and it often attracts a "buddy" somehow. Vehicles dont need friends is a common quote I preach. You cant always avoid the careless and non-caring.

And I attended mass last year with my wife. As we were leaving the parking lot some older gentlemen cut the lot, cut me off and when I gave him a toot on the horn he flipped me off....so yeah.....

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
2011 Hyundai Sonata Ltd (to be replaced)
The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
at least they were in the right place to be absolved of their sins. Sucks to be you atm though. You still get to pay.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbrians For This Useful Post:
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Lofano View Post
I notified the Bishopric of my ward. I am so disappointed in what happened and mostly disappointed that NO note was left. Isn't that a hit and run ?

If I recal, you're in MTL right? Well, I am in Ottawa and the way it works is that if the damage was done in a parking lot, insurance would consider it 50/50 which mean 95% of the time you would be better of paying it your-self.

As for the hit and run, since a church parking is considered private property, the police force can't do anything about it. If that would of happened on a street parking, that a whole different story.

As someone whos been there a few years ago, I'll provide you with my 0.02$ Get an estimate by your-self, do NOT involve your insurance company since your Rav will now have a carproof/Carfax that will show that an insurance quote was done which will translate in you loosing a few gran the day you want to get rid of it. I had a brand new car get a mirror smashed and the estimate was done through my insurance for a quote of 1400$, I ended up doing the work my-self and getting a prepainted mirror online for 400 something bucks.

When I decided to sell that car a few months ago and printed a carproof to provide with it, private buyer didn't want to buy it since there was a ''Damage quote'' report on it. I ended up selling it to a dealer for about 1500$ less than the actual value i'd normally get because the 4 dealer all told me there is a damage record on it so it's worth less.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunken For This Useful Post:
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitmiss View Post
While I am contemplating a new car within the next year, thereís something comforting about having a 2009 that already has dents. Iím not in a hurry to worry about all the idiots that donít care about anyoneís property. Sorry about your car.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the dent?

When my current ride was two weeks old, an acquaintance of mine was backing up in a parking lot and drove his truck right into my bumper which scraped of a large area of paint (painted bumper). I was really bummed out but wasn't going to make him pay for something he couldn't afford and didn't care enough to fix it myself. Over the next 18 years, my car accumulated more dents, dings, scratches, and rust so now other drivers see this ugly beater and yield accordingly. It's nice to be unencumbered by threats of cosmetic damage to my car in parking lots, etc. and it will be weird owning something nice again.
The Following User Says Thank You to William_D For This Useful Post:
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes, I am in Montreal and the Legality is similar. Thanks for your input and it sucks ! Funny my 15 year old SUV that I sold DID NOT have a scratch, my wife and daughter always commented on how long and where I would park. I try to foresee but .... Once again Andre is stuck suffering and paying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunken View Post
If I recal, you're in MTL right? Well, I am in Ottawa and the way it works is that if the damage was done in a parking lot, insurance would consider it 50/50 which mean 95% of the time you would be better of paying it your-self.

As for the hit and run, since a church parking is considered private property, the police force can't do anything about it. If that would of happened on a street parking, that a whole different story.

As someone whos been there a few years ago, I'll provide you with my 0.02$ Get an estimate by your-self, do NOT involve your insurance company since your Rav will now have a carproof/Carfax that will show that an insurance quote was done which will translate in you loosing a few gran the day you want to get rid of it. I had a brand new car get a mirror smashed and the estimate was done through my insurance for a quote of 1400$, I ended up doing the work my-self and getting a prepainted mirror online for 400 something bucks.

When I decided to sell that car a few months ago and printed a carproof to provide with it, private buyer didn't want to buy it since there was a ''Damage quote'' report on it. I ended up selling it to a dealer for about 1500$ less than the actual value i'd normally get because the 4 dealer all told me there is a damage record on it so it's worth less.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement