Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Canada, Ottawa
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Thanked 87 Times in 42 Posts
Quick update, got my Rav4 today. As they are saying, they did everything in their power to try to fix my SUV. A full transmission flush was done, a new transmission module was installed, a full ecu and module reflash was made, a full inspection was made of my Rav was also made but they are unable to fix my hesitation and launching forward issue.
However they found a few concerning issue while inspecting my Rav:
- The lower motor mount was out of spec and was replaced.
- My front passenger window was also out of spec in a way that it was hitting the top frame when closing it down so they realigned it.
- The fluid that was flushed contained questionable amount of metal debris and smelt like burned oil. They sent was they call a flash report to Toyota about and will do another complete flush free of charge in 5000kms to monitor.
- They replaced my inside trunk light saying it was broken (I knew cause i am the one that broke it) This just show how much care they put into inspecting my rav.
- They changed my engine and filter oil free of charge even though i was far from 16k kms
- Fulled my tank of gas.
- Did a full vehicle detailing, seriously it looks brand new inside and out.
I also had a good discussion that i won't share here with the owner and service manager of the dealer in regards to my next steps if i decide to go further which i would. I'll be seeing a lawyer soon to see how I can obtain satisfaction in this situation.
During my discussion with the owner, i mentioned that i'd like to have my Rav replaced for their demo Rav since they are exactly the model/trim/color but he said that this has to be approved by Toyota Canada and not him. The only way he said he could help me is by a good old trade-in but he said even if he would do his best and make absolutely no money with me, i'd still be about 3000$ in the hole.
At this point, i seriously don't know what to think. One side i am extremely impressed with the dealer i dealt with since i feel they went above and beyond but on the other side, feels like Toyota Canada is letting me down. Like the service manager told me, he expect a reflash/retune of the transmission module will happen that might reduce the problem, but he has no idea when that will happen since it seems Toyota are sneeky about those type of thing and don't share anything until it's there.
One thing for sure, I am seeking legal option here as i have supporting document that my Rav is faulty and not working as designed (not just for the transmission) but trust me when i say this Rav or the replacement one I'll try to get will be my last Toyota.