Just received our 2019 RAV4 hybrid - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC88 View Post
I saw a video of an XSE with that color. It was indoors and kinda dark, but I thought the trim and roof really blended well with the paint because they were all somewhat dark rather than high contrast. That interested me as a color combo. haven't really seen any photos of that combo. Just thought it would be good to see in better light. No sweat if you's rather not. :-)

Gotcha. Well, here's an indoor pic inside the showroom. The glare is pretty bad - I should have taken the pic from the other side. But, if you just wanted to contrast the paint against the roof, you may want to look more at the fender trim. They're both the same glossy black as the roof but that area has less glare. I'll see if I can take some picks in natural sunlight this weekend if weather permits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RAV4.jpg (152.2 KB, 36 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rav4_4Me For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (04-05-2019), JohnC88 (04-05-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav4_4Me View Post
Gotcha. Well, here's an indoor pic inside the showroom. The glare is pretty bad - I should have taken the pic from the other side. But, if you just wanted to contrast the paint against the roof, you may want to look more at the fender trim. They're both the same glossy black as the roof but that area has less glare. I'll see if I can take some picks in natural sunlight this weekend if weather permits.

Thank you. That's a nice shot. I didn't realize the fender trim was gloss.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I'll join the party. We got our Hybrid Limited with advanced tech, weather package, pano roof, and carpeted mats today. Haven't driven a lot, maybe 25 miles but that included driving from 6,000 feet elevation to 8,000 and back: 41 overall mpg displayed. That's better than I expected.

Acceleration is really good and not with the rough noise that I heard when test driving a gas version. Road noise is moderate but not intrusive.

I had a deposit at one dealer but another that I had contacted previously called last night to tell me that one had arrived sooner than expected. It is equipped exactly as we wanted. I originally wanted a light interior but this one is called black but it is actually a darkish but not black charcoal grey. My wife and I both liked it so we made a deal. Exterior is Magnetic Grey. They beat the deal that the other dealer had agreed to. Out the door price about $1800 below list (after accounting for dealer prep charge but not including taxes and doc fee).

While we were doing the paperwork several people came in wanting to test drive it. Nope. Fun. I'll give more impressions tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to pikeviewer For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (04-05-2019)

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Yeahhhhh my first day with my new rav4 !! It's just gorgeous !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190417_163949.jpg (190.8 KB, 26 views)

Rav4 2019 Hybrid Limited
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainarik View Post
Yeahhhhh my first day with my new rav4 !! It's just gorgeous !
I have a Blueprint as well...the color is fantastic!
Pictures don't do it justice.

Congratulations!
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I can't believe that we've had ours 2 weeks already. My wife and I are both very happy with it. No distorted or shaking mirror. No other defects. MPG estimate over 40. Acceleration is very good and smooth with no annoying growl, just right for me. There is some road noise on rough roads but I don't consider it bad.

I really like birds eye camera (part of the Limited tech package). I've never been good at lining up next to curbs or between lines in a parking lot. Now it is easy. We're using the kick to open tailgate more than I expected. Not necessary but convenient and fun.

So, what can I pick on? The mpg display is actually less informative and user friendly than my 10 year old Prius. Like almost all vehicles, both vehicles display ODO, Trip A or Trip B. In the Prius each trip meter shows miles and accumulated MPG while the Rav just shows miles. I always reset Trip A at tank fill up and Trip B if I want to get mileage for a given route. In the Rav there is an MPG display on one of the dash screens that you can choose but you have to choose Tank Mileage, Trip Mileage or "average fuel economy" which is resettable but which I intend to leave alone for the first year. You can't just flip through those three MPG displays, you have to choose one in the settings menu and it doesn't show the number of miles driven. "Trip Mileage" resets if you stop the vehicle.

The audio screen has 'History" and "Trip" screens but they don't seem to accomplish what I want either. Maybe I can learn to get more out of them.

I also don't like that my vehicle, apparently like all from Japan, doesn't display tire pressure. That should be a no brainer these days. Is anyone with a Canada build getting the tire pressure display?

These are minor issues. Overall, very happy and feeling lucky to have nabbed one early.
The Following User Says Thank You to pikeviewer For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (04-18-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement