Submitted my order today! - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I'd still like to know whether any dealer anywhere is able and willing to negotiate on price for a hybrid.

By the way, Galactic Aqua Mica is available on the Corolla, so it should be on dealers lots somewhere to look at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidad View Post
So if you link to the above post some of the specs don't jive with a Hybrid.
Here is what I found out. Yes there will be a blueprint/nutmeg Hybrid. The question is when and that depends on region. Of the 910 car allotment from a February production in Japan that are headed to the New England region none will be that combo. We are not getting any XSE versions either so sorry for the guy above in CT who has one ordered. You are going to have to wait until your region is getting the color combo you want, request it and see what happens or go outside your region to a region that has it available. I'm sure once initial production has ramped up availability will improve although if you want something very specific you may have to wait.
There will also be a cinnamon interior color available on Super White, Blizzard Peale, Silver Sky Metallic and Magnetic Gray Metallic. When, no idea as none are heading our way but it shows as an available color.
They also show an exterior color Galactic Aqua Mica that should be interesting. Interior colors for that are Ash, Black, and Nutmeg
Got my full confirmation today with full spec sheet, vin and production date all coming from Canada. AFS is on there with the Blueprint/nutmeg combo. Production date is the 27th of this month.

I wonder if that new interior and exterior color is for the 2020 MY since we are only a few months away from that. I did notice that besides AFS, the hybrids get better headlights standard because they are projector style LED's.
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeviewer View Post
I'd still like to know whether any dealer anywhere is able and willing to negotiate on price for a hybrid.

By the way, Galactic Aqua Mica is available on the Corolla, so it should be on dealers lots somewhere to look at.
According to my dealer, every limited gas model they have had has been sold for sticker. I expect the same for the XSE and limited hybrids. I have a long standing relationship with my dealer so I fully expect to pay under invoice (min $2,500 - 3,300 under MSRP). My dealer already knows this so I am not really concerned.

Not positive if I will lease it or finance it but if I do go the finance route, I know Toyota will most likely not have any good incentives so I will come prepared with my credit union.

post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 950 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasticChildren View Post
According to my dealer, every limited gas model they have had has been sold for sticker. I expect the same for the XSE and limited hybrids. I have a long standing relationship with my dealer so I fully expect to pay under invoice (min $2,500 - 3,300 under MSRP). My dealer already knows this so I am not really concerned.

Not positive if I will lease it or finance it but if I do go the finance route, I know Toyota will most likely not have any good incentives so I will come prepared with my credit union.
Keep in mind that your dealer has the option to match any lower APR rate if your credit score is over 800, in December my credit union's lowest new car rate was over 5% even with my 877 score, they're down to 4.24% now, but at that time my bank was offering 4.01% and my dealer matched it, maintaining Toyota financing opens doors in the future as well.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Got my full confirmation today with full spec sheet, vin and production date all coming from Canada. AFS is on there with the Blueprint/nutmeg combo. Production date is the 27th of this month.

I wonder if that new interior and exterior color is for the 2020 MY since we are only a few months away from that. I did notice that besides AFS, the hybrids get better headlights standard because they are projector style LED's.
Thatís awesome and great news for others who are willing to place an order vs what the dealer has coming in on their allocation for stock. Perhaps since itís a customer order it gets some priority in the build chain?

Some previous years RAV4 had the Galactic Aqua Mica it turns out (very similar to blueprint so it seems odd to have both on the 2019) and cinnamon color interiors. I didnít care for the interior as it looked to orange to me and didnít think it would age well, especially in the sun belt. Just a hunch.
Nice on the headlights as well. I read somewhere already (might have been Consumer Reports initial drive) that standard LED headlights were not all that great. Another plus for the hybrid.
post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdtoo View Post
Quote:

Keep in mind that your dealer has the option to match any lower APR rate if your credit score is over 800, in December my credit union's lowest new car rate was over 5% even with my 877 score, they're down to 4.24% now, but at that time my bank was offering 4.01% and my dealer matched it, maintaining Toyota financing opens doors in the future as well.
I would like to stay with TFS so we will see. My credit union is currently 2.5% so I will keep them in my back pocket just in case. I have had 3 vehicles with them over the years including my current one which I am about to put up for sale.

2019 RAV4 Limited Hybrid Blueprint with Nutmeg Interior. Fully loaded including adaptive headlights
post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidad View Post
Quote:

That’s awesome and great news for others who are willing to place an order vs what the dealer has coming in on their allocation for stock. Perhaps since it’s a customer order it gets some priority in the build chain?

Some previous years RAV4 had the Galactic Aqua Mica it turns out (very similar to blueprint so it seems odd to have both on the 2019) and cinnamon color interiors. I didn’t care for the interior as it looked to orange to me and didn’t think it would age well, especially in the sun belt. Just a hunch.
Nice on the headlights as well. I read somewhere already (might have been Consumer Reports initial drive) that standard LED headlights were not all that great. Another plus for the hybrid.
From the way you describe it, my wife would not like the cinnamon interior but I probably would.

I think there is probably a number of factors in play as far as ordering a new vehicle like the hybrid. Some regions aren’t permitted to do so as of yet but it may also have to do with the dealership and how much volume they move per month. I was told that assigning a customers name to the vehicle speeds things up as it is considered sold.

I just wish the fog lights were LED as well but I will resolve that myself.

2019 RAV4 Limited Hybrid Blueprint with Nutmeg Interior. Fully loaded including adaptive headlights
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
All you Americans are making me jealous. Up here in Canada you can get your interior in Black, Black or Black.

2018 Hybrid XLE in Electric Storm Blue

post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynone View Post
All you Americans are making me jealous. Up here in Canada you can get your interior in Black, Black or Black.
Wow, that’s not kosher!

post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
I am with you....I have grown tired of black interiors. The color does not do you any favors in the middle of summer even with tinted windows. Blueprint was not my first choice but my wife prefers it over the other options. I do think that the blueprint with nutmeg combo looks classy. My dealer couldnít find a gas model in the combo for what itís worth. Even checked the Southeast region without any luck. Yeah i know they were searching for the gas model but it may serve as a clue that the combo is difficult to come by.
I have an XLE in Blueprint and the color is a gorgeous dark metallic blue.
I have black interior, which I love.
The nutmeg looks nice, but my boyfriend had a Tundra with the tan interior and it did not wear very well over time, so I ruled that color out immediately.
I wanted a charcoal gray interior, but the gray choice is very light and with the dark gray accents all over the place I found it very busy and distracting.
I am very happy with the monochromatic black interior. It's very....soothing to me. Feels like I am in a cocoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page