Submitted my order today! - Page 7 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Cool

Thanks for the update, glad you're happy with the vehicle, it looks great! I really like the looks of the Nutmeg interior in combination with the black seat trim, dash trim and carpeting and hope that my Ruby Flare comes through with the Nutmeg interior as ordered.

Definitely looking forward to your impressions of the adaptive headlights as I haven't been able to test drive a RAV4 that was equipped with them, although the Camry I drove with them was encouraging.

Keep us updated as you get more time behind the wheel.
The Following User Says Thank You to hcfd1075 For This Useful Post:
SpasticChildren (04-13-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
So what do you think of the Blueprint color? Do you like it more than you thought you would.
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadoo View Post
So what do you think of the Blueprint color? Do you like it more than you thought you would.
It very dark in the shade so you see the true beauty of it unless it is in the sun. In the sun, the flake in the paint really show. The wife preferred the blueprint over the pearl white which was my first choice.

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Update - So last night we had a chance to test out the new adaptive headlights! When they first come on, they do a little self adjusting dance.....moving up and down. I noticed this against my garage door while parked. I had a Mini Cooper S that had self leveling xenon lights that did the same thing.

The performance of the headlights was fantastic! The turning with the direction of the steering wheel was pretty slick and it greatly helped with visibility. I tested them on a 25 mile trip on rural highways without any street lights or reflectors on the majority of the road surface. They did a real good job of adjusting while going up and down the rolling hills and curves. Very impressed with the light output and we even got some rain on the trip as well. The auto wipers along with the great headlights allowed me to focus more on the road.

Night driving for my wife has always been a challenge but she was impressed with the light output from the passenger seat and said she doesnít think she would have any issues while driving.

Yes, they were worth it!
The Following User Says Thank You to SpasticChildren For This Useful Post:
hcfd1075 (04-13-2019)
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasticChildren View Post
It very dark in the shade so you see the true beauty of it unless it is in the sun. In the sun, the flake in the paint really show. The wife preferred the blueprint over the pearl white which was my first choice.
Yup exactly, seeing them here at our dealership itís a very very dark blue that could almost look black at a glance but in the sun the color really pops with the metallic flakes. I prefer the Pearl White as well with the contrasting black trim pieces looks awesome.
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Sounds like my old “Patriot Blue” Jeep Wrangler TJ. It was super dark blue, almost black, but in bright sunlight there was a brilliant light blue shine from the flake. Wasn’t thrilled with the colour when I bought but once summer showed up I loved it.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Did the pano moonroof feel a lot bigger then the standard moon roof?
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori View Post
Did the pano moonroof feel a lot bigger then the standard moon roof?
I've test-driven both versions and the pano is cool, makes it really bright and airy, especially in the rear seats, but I do think the effect is diminished by the large bar that divides the two sections (opening and fixed) halfway back. I'm sure this has been done to strengthen the roof for IIHS test, and it seems like a good and necessary safety feature, but it does seriously cut down on the "pano" in panoramic.

2010 RAV4 base trim, 2.5L 4-cyl, AWD, Black exterior, Beige interior with highlights of melted ice cream/dog vomit , Third Row, Roof Rack, and not much else
125,000 miles, not one day off the road for mechanical stuff

New pads/rotors x2, new tires x3
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old Today, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanakao View Post
Hi all. I just received news on my order of a 2019 rav4 hybrid limited that i Preordered on feb. 28 ,its sitting in the compound ready to be shipped ETA of 16/4/19. Ruby red ,body side moldings, all weather floor mats, black interior. Price with fees 43000. excluding sales tax. There is no choice as in options in Canada on the limited as of yet just 1 flavor, moldings and floor mats still to be verified. EXCITED Dealer said he has 2 XSE's ordered and they have been put off for another month.
Hi Tanakao! Mind if I ask what city in Canada you are located? I just placed an order for the XSE from a dealer in Toronto and am eagerly waiting to hear when it should be arriving.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old Today, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hey jena_k Renfrew Ont. Good luck hope you get yours soon.I know its painful waiting with the factory being so close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement