Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Submitted my order today!

14K views 71 replies 20 participants last post by  cluses 
#1 ·
My dealer here in Stafford VA took my order this morning. Mid-April is when they expect it but I will keep on them every week or so for updates and such.

Went with :

Limited
Blueprint w/nutmeg interior
Advanced Tech Package
Limited Weather Package
AFS
mud guards

Other members were indeed correct, panoramic sunroof cannot be had if going with AFS. The sunroofs in all my vehicles stay closed 90% of the time as it is so choosing safety and awesome headlights was a simple decision.

#54 ·
Hi all. I just received news on my order of a 2019 rav4 hybrid limited that i Preordered on feb. 28 ,its sitting in the compound ready to be shipped ETA of 16/4/19. Ruby red ,body side moldings, all weather floor mats, black interior. Price with fees 43000. excluding sales tax. There is no choice as in options in Canada on the limited as of yet just 1 flavor, moldings and floor mats still to be verified. EXCITED Dealer said he has 2 XSE's ordered and they have been put off for another month.

#58 ·
Update: Picked her up yesterday and the process was very smooth! Limited Hybrid in Blueprint with nutmeg interior with every bell and whistle available including Adaptive Headlights minus pano sunroof. I pushed my luck and asked them to toss in all-weather floor mats and door sill protectors as well as a deal on Gap insurance and they agreed! Got to wait on the floor mats and sill protectors to be delivered but no worries their! All omg requests were met as far as the configurations I wanted like the turn signal settings and express down of all windows from the key fob. Memory seats work perfectly! I have not had a chance to test the adaptive front headlights as of yet but it will happen this weekend for sure!

Thoughts so far:
- Its quiet, the driver seat is very comfortable, no unneccesary wind noise and the build quality is on par with what I expect from Toyota.
- The JBL upgrade is worth the price
- The driver/safety tech is great
- No shaking mirror
- Love the digital rear view mirror
- Visibility is fantastic

If I had to nit pick:
- Door sill protectors should be standard on Adventure, XSE and Limited grades
- The carpet floor mats are on the thin side
- No power folding mirrora
- Passenger seat is comfy but needs power adjustments including lumbar, a lumbar pillow will do

Have not put many miles on it as of yet but the kids like it and have received many compliments from strangers! It feels very solid and planted while driving. My wife has mentioned how quiet it is several times! She drives our Limited Sienna mostly and even that has below 70 decibels on the highway.

So far, very happy with it!

Attachments

Reactions: hcfd1075
#61 ·
Thanks for the update, glad you're happy with the vehicle, it looks great! I really like the looks of the Nutmeg interior in combination with the black seat trim, dash trim and carpeting and hope that my Ruby Flare comes through with the Nutmeg interior as ordered.

Definitely looking forward to your impressions of the adaptive headlights as I haven't been able to test drive a RAV4 that was equipped with them, although the Camry I drove with them was encouraging.

Keep us updated as you get more time behind the wheel. :smile

#63 ·
It very dark in the shade so you see the true beauty of it unless it is in the sun. In the sun, the flake in the paint really show. The wife preferred the blueprint over the pearl white which was my first choice.

#64 ·
Update - So last night we had a chance to test out the new adaptive headlights! When they first come on, they do a little self adjusting dance.....moving up and down. I noticed this against my garage door while parked. I had a Mini Cooper S that had self leveling xenon lights that did the same thing.

The performance of the headlights was fantastic! The turning with the direction of the steering wheel was pretty slick and it greatly helped with visibility. I tested them on a 25 mile trip on rural highways without any street lights or reflectors on the majority of the road surface. They did a real good job of adjusting while going up and down the rolling hills and curves. Very impressed with the light output and we even got some rain on the trip as well. The auto wipers along with the great headlights allowed me to focus more on the road.

Night driving for my wife has always been a challenge but she was impressed with the light output from the passenger seat and said she doesn’t think she would have any issues while driving.

Yes, they were worth it!

Reactions: hcfd1075
#66 ·
Sounds like my old “Patriot Blue” Jeep Wrangler TJ. It was super dark blue, almost black, but in bright sunlight there was a brilliant light blue shine from the flake. Wasn’t thrilled with the colour when I bought but once summer showed up I loved it.

#68 ·
I've test-driven both versions and the pano is cool, makes it really bright and airy, especially in the rear seats, but I do think the effect is diminished by the large bar that divides the two sections (opening and fixed) halfway back. I'm sure this has been done to strengthen the roof for IIHS test, and it seems like a good and necessary safety feature, but it does seriously cut down on the "pano" in panoramic.

#71 · (Edited)
Hi all from Europe,

I'm new to this forum and i'm not english native speaker so please be tolerant :smile

After reading all reviews I took the test drive and was very impressed by the new RAV4.
I've ordered "Selection AWD" trim (very similar to XSE US version, but with normal suspension), blizzard pearl white, without sunroof, with JBL Premium and Touch2&go (navigation) on 2019-02-15 and delivery is estimated at the end of May.

I would like to thanks Quickdtoo user for his time/effort providing correct information and all users to for sharing all experiences, thoughts, feelings - I'm going to do so.

Best regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.