Submitted my order today! - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool Submitted my order today!

My dealer here in Stafford VA took my order this morning. Mid-April is when they expect it but I will keep on them every week or so for updates and such.

Went with :

Limited
Blueprint w/nutmeg interior
Advanced Tech Package
Limited Weather Package
AFS
mud guards

Other members were indeed correct, panoramic sunroof cannot be had if going with AFS. The sunroofs in all my vehicles stay closed 90% of the time as it is so choosing safety and awesome headlights was a simple decision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Great. Except for the mud guards that's exactly what I want.

A couple of questions. Were you able to get a decent discount ordering like that? Also, were they able to give you a vin number or tell you when to expect that. Getting a vin number would give me confidence that it is really in the pipeline.

Keep us posted on your vehicle's progress.
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeviewer View Post
Great. Except for the mud guards that's exactly what I want.

A couple of questions. Were you able to get a decent discount ordering like that? Also, were they able to give you a vin number or tell you when to expect that. Getting a vin number would give me confidence that it is really in the pipeline.

Keep us posted on your vehicle's progress.
No financial terms were discussed. Ordering a vehicle does not obligate you to buy it or lease it. I never pay over invoice. I will know exactly what they paid for it and will negotiate from there. I have a good relationship with this dealer that has seen 37 vehicles bought due to myself and my friends and family.

Too early for a VIN....still a few weeks away from that. After ordering, the confirmation is when the order has been accepted by the factory and a build date/week is assigned.

Dates can change to the left or right.

Not the first vehicle I have ever ordered but by the best experience when ordering and throughout the whole until delivery was when I ordered a MINI.

2019 RAV4 Limited Hybrid Blueprint with Nutmeg Interior. Fully loaded including adaptive headlights

post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
VIN was assigned today with production set for the 27th in Canada.

Nutmeg may not be available for the hybrids as the factory switched my choice to black. Dealer is looking into it to see what’s going on.

2019 RAV4 Limited Hybrid Blueprint with Nutmeg Interior. Fully loaded including adaptive headlights
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
It may be the blueprint you want is not available with the nutmeg color although that would be a good combo IMO. Even though I work at a dealer I'm unsure still about the nutmeg color on the Hybrid. I've seen brown listed on the Canadian build site and my order person mentioned cinnamon and then one of our sales guys said nutmeg. Go figure. It's a bit on the yellowish side but not terrible (seen on gas model) I'd love to see a 2 tone tan/brown but I'm sure that's not happening. The 2 tone gray looks really good also and that would certainly go with the blueprint color. I'll be interested to see what you find out. Toyota goes crazy with black interiors on many of their cars and personally I hate it. Give me a warm feeling interior that has come brightness to it. Just personal taste.
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidad View Post
It may be the blueprint you want is not available with the nutmeg color although that would be a good combo IMO. Even though I work at a dealer I'm unsure still about the nutmeg color on the Hybrid. I've seen brown listed on the Canadian build site and my order person mentioned cinnamon and then one of our sales guys said nutmeg. Go figure. It's a bit on the yellowish side but not terrible (seen on gas model) I'd love to see a 2 tone tan/brown but I'm sure that's not happening. The 2 tone gray looks really good also and that would certainly go with the blueprint color. I'll be interested to see what you find out. Toyota goes crazy with black interiors on many of their cars and personally I hate it. Give me a warm feeling interior that has come brightness to it. Just personal taste.
I am with you....I have grown tired of black interiors. The color does not do you any favors in the middle of summer even with tinted windows. Blueprint was not my first choice but my wife prefers it over the other options. I do think that the blueprint with nutmeg combo looks classy. My dealer couldn’t find a gas model in the combo for what it’s worth. Even checked the Southeast region without any luck. Yeah i know they were searching for the gas model but it may serve as a clue that the combo is difficult to come by.

post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidad View Post
It may be the blueprint you want is not available with the nutmeg color although that would be a good combo IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasticChildren View Post
My dealer couldn’t find a gas model in the combo for what it’s worth.
I test drove a gas Rav4 Limited with Bluprint/Nutmeg here in Colorado but if you check multiple dealer web sites it is clear that Blueprint is uncommon and Nutmeg is very uncommon. Maybe they are only stocking Nutmeg at the factory in Japan. Maybe they are planning on replacing it with a different color. Who knows.

Our two local dealers told me what they are getting in their first allocation of hybrids. Interiors were either black or light gray.

It's too bad because I liked Nutmeg a lot.

On the positive side, apparently they didn't nix your AFS. You may be the first person to get that.
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeviewer View Post
I test drove a gas Rav4 Limited with Bluprint/Nutmeg here in Colorado but if you check multiple dealer web sites it is clear that Blueprint is uncommon and Nutmeg is very uncommon. Maybe they are only stocking Nutmeg at the factory in Japan. Maybe they are planning on replacing it with a different color. Who knows.

Our two local dealers told me what they are getting in their first allocation of hybrids. Interiors were either black or light gray.

It's too bad because I liked Nutmeg a lot.

On the positive side, apparently they didn't nix your AFS. You may be the first person to get that.
Yes AFS made the cut without any issue! I was happy to see that as the wife and I both decided that the safety aspect outweighs the panoramic sunroof.

Thinking that we should pick another color combo just in case Blueprint/nutmeg is not available on the hybrids initially.

When was your dealer expecting to see their first shipment of hybrids?
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Our dealership here in MA expects 1st Hybrids early/mid April. These are Japan built models. Most are already spoken for ��
I think I’ve seen just 2 nutmeg ones so far. One was on a sold Limited in Ruby Flare and the other is an XLE Premium in Blizzard Pearl still on the lot. Apparently it’s not a good seller. The light gray which is actually a 2 tone light/dark gray looks very good. With the RAV4(s) Toyota IMO has not been able to provide that warm inviting feeling that you get like in a Highlander. It’s doable at this price point. Proper use of contrasting materials can make things appear more inviting and upscale. New interior is definitely nicer though and I do like the Adventure in the Mocha although it’s subtle.
I can’t wait to see more reviews and drive one myself. My fiancť is in the market to replace her 06 Acura and it looks like it’s between the RAV Hybrid (gas one was to noisy) and a Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited which I test drove tonight for at least 1/2 hour and REALLY liked it. She likes the look of the Outback better. Doesn’t care for the masculine front end of the new RAV but otherwise ok. Liked the 2 tone gray interior but again preferred the Warm Ivory of the Outback. Big mileage difference but she is used to a quiet car and the Outback was. Even with my discount an optioned Limited RAV will be more than a Limited Outback which is having huge discounts as it’s at the end of Subaru’s 5 year cycle and a new Outback is due this summer/fall.
Let me see what I can find out about interior colors and blueprint and get back to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to skidad For This Useful Post:
SpasticChildren (03-06-2019)
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:07 PM

Well the blueprint nutmeg combo does indeed exist. Found a gas version at Longo Toyota which is the #1 Toyota dealer in the country and has been for years.

https://www.longotoyota.com/new/Toyo...dd37d035e4.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to skidad For This Useful Post:
SpasticChildren (03-06-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page