What discount are you getting off MSRP? - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 01:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I always negotiate price relative to invoice. Different options and packages have different profit margins, so a car equipped with package X could be discounted more than car with Y options relative to MSRP.
I bought our 2017 RAV4 in Feb of 2017 for $500 under invoice + free running boards (another ~$400).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
In montreal is 2500-3k discount on Limited Hybrid 2019 good or it can be done further ?
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
The discounts are starting to get better. The dealer I always check on pricing https://www.koonstoyotatysonscorner....hor-gvOption-6
has been e-mailing additional $500 off their posted price to me recently. I am still waiting on the hybrid.

post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Ok 1st post here. I work for a Toyota dealer in MA

1st RAV4 Hybrids are on the boat from Japan as we speak. Believe they shipped 2/26 and expected to arrive mid to latter part of March. We in MA anyway will not see them until approx mid April. We currently do NOT have pricing which is weird as it's up on Cosco and Edmunds. In our initial allotment of 10, 8 are already sold or have deposits sight unseen. Details still a bit uncertain. Ive seen that a dark brown or cinnamon color may be available in lew of the Nutmeg but I haven't been able to confirm this. Also having looked the gas models over pretty thoroughly a Limited version is just really nice and the one to get. Love the Adventure also but there is no Hybrid Adventure model

I will say I've been in 2 gas models and have been very disappointed with the noisy engine. Thermal efficiency is stellar, D4-S induction to mitigate carbon buildup on intake valve which IMHO is going to become a nightmare for owners is the best outthere. Still i'm disappointed with the noise and I believe this will effect sales (I'm not in sales BTW). Hybrid reviews thus far have commented that is indeed quieter so I'm hopeful as it's a car my fiance is strongly considering as her new car which currently is a velvety smooth and quiet 2006 Acura TL with a 3.2V6. We are also considering the 3.6R Outback and 2016 V6 Acura RDX. I (we? I'm her "gear" guy) want nothing to do with a turbo and/or direct injection. Her Acura has gone 204,000 trouble free miles so the bar is set really high.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skidad For This Useful Post:
chrispepin (03-01-2019), SpasticChildren (03-01-2019)
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1039 Post(s)
Thanked 1,057 Times in 879 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidad View Post
I will say I've been in 2 gas models and have been very disappointed with the noisy engine.
Toyota shot themselves in the foot by not including the hood insulator that's on the HVs on the gas models, it probably cost Toyota less than $50 for the insulator and makes a noticeable decrease in engine noise, the OEM HV insulator sells for $200-$290 and takes a couple minutes to install using just 6 push-in retainers in the mounting holes already in the hood, I would have gladly paid the additional few dollars if they had included it as they did on the HV, my '16 Ltd HV had the insulator and was much quieter than my '15 Ltd gas model.

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:21 PM

If the first ones are from Japan I have to check them out. Only not sure what type of discounts we will see initially. They should of just issued the Hybrid as a 2020MY at this point.
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
...1st RAV4 Hybrids are on the boat from Japan as we speak. Believe they shipped 2/26 and expected to arrive mid to latter part of March.
The model that I plan to put a deposit on and has a VIN is a Canadian built car. The VIN is 2T3DWRFV4KW1xxxxx
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 04:34 PM

Location: Monterey, California Central Central California Coast
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok 1st post here. I work for a Toyota dealer in MA

1st RAV4 Hybrids are on the boat from Japan as we speak. Believe they shipped 2/26 and expected to arrive mid to latter part of March. We in MA anyway will not see them until approx mid April. We currently do NOT have pricing which is weird as it's up on Cosco and Edmunds. In our initial allotment of 10, 8 are already sold or have deposits sight unseen. Details still a bit uncertain. Ive seen that a dark brown or cinnamon color may be available in lew of the Nutmeg but I haven't been able to confirm this. Also having looked the gas models over pretty thoroughly a Limited version is just really nice and the one to get. Love the Adventure also but there is no Hybrid Adventure model

I will say I've been in 2 gas models and have been very disappointed with the noisy engine. Thermal efficiency is stellar, D4-S induction to mitigate carbon buildup on intake valve which IMHO is going to become a nightmare for owners is the best outthere. Still i'm disappointed with the noise and I believe this will effect sales (I'm not in sales BTW). Hybrid reviews thus far have commented that is indeed quieter so I'm hopeful as it's a car my fiance is strongly considering as her new car which currently is a velvety smooth and quiet 2006 Acura TL with a 3.2V6. We are also considering the 3.6R Outback and 2016 V6 Acura RDX. I (we? I'm her "gear" guy) want nothing to do with a turbo and/or direct injection. Her Acura has gone 204,000 trouble free miles so the bar is set really high.

I had a Subaru Outback with the 6. Maintenance like changing plugs is very expensive due to the engine design. Fortunately, you don't have to do it often, but it is a few hundred dollars. Also, because it is a 6, it has FOUR O2 sensors, and 2 cats. Also very expensive.
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 04:58 PM

The Outback was offering 0% for 60 months and the new generation is coming out later this year with a 2.4l turbo. I like the extra power however, it is a relativity new engine with no history of reliability.

If I could not wait to get a vehicle I would really consider the 2018 RAV4 hybrid because of the sizable discounts being offered.
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
We currently do NOT have pricing which is weird as it's up on Cosco and Edmunds.
Thanks for posting. Wouldn't your pricing include the "holdback" that you would need in order to know the actual dealer cost? I don't think we will have any info about discounts, even from high volume dealers, until that is known.

A dark brown color would match the accent coloring in the Limited and would look really rich. Those of us who want a Hybrid soon probably won't have that option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement