What discount are you getting off MSRP? - Page 5 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited
Northern Califronia, just downhill from Paradise

MSRP w/options: $38,692
sales price: $36,325
dealer discount: $2,367
TFS rebate: $1,250
total discount: $3,617

I will be paying this off in two months so most of the TFS rebate is mine. That's gas for almost two years! The only "haggling" I did to achieve my discount was to state I wasn't really interested in the paint protection film nor the side mouldings; the sales manager immediately subtracted that from the total.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brb_rav4hybrid View Post
Just put a depost down on a Hybrid Limited. Dealership in Oregon was not willing to go under MSRP.Only incentive was the Toyota Military of $500. I also received a quote from Military Auto Sales and only seeing a $600 under MSRP discount.
Hopefully you didn't pay MSRP. There's a few people on here that can point you to a dealer in Portland or nearby that will do discounts under MSRP
post #43 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I don't understand why prices in the US seem significantly more then Canada right now. Usually you'd see prices in US a bit cheaper then Canada. Both countries are roughly 2-3 month wait at this time. I paid $39,177 CAD all-in for XSE hybrid ($29,382 USD) yet I'm seeing people paying significantly more. Doesn't make sense to me.

post #44 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedit View Post
2019 Rav4 Hybrid Limited
Northern Califronia, just downhill from Paradise

MSRP w/options: $38,692
sales price: $36,325
dealer discount: $2,367
TFS rebate: $1,250
total discount: $3,617

I will be paying this off in two months so most of the TFS rebate is mine. That's gas for almost two years! The only "haggling" I did to achieve my discount was to state I wasn't really interested in the paint protection film nor the side mouldings; the sales manager immediately subtracted that from the total.
Does that include all fees (freight/pdi/ac tax/tire tax/sales taxes)? If so not too shabby
post #45 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimi View Post
Does that include all fees (freight/pdi/ac tax/tire tax/sales taxes)? If so not too shabby
Destination charge, $1095, is included. No use including the other fees, IMO, because they're fixed and non-negotiable, they get in the way of comparison for other folks. Perhaps the "dealer prep" can be negotiated in areas where it's a rip off but in California dealers are limited to charging $85.

I feel I got a great deal, especially living in an area where supply is low, demand is high and there are people with disposible income. Some dealers in Southern CA are charging $5k above MSRP. Dealers in the bigger cities just south of me are charging MSRP. The other amazing feature of my deal is that I haggled almost not at all. The dealer offers a very good discount on their website, then goes a bit better when you show up. The vehicle I wanted had a couple options I didn't really want, within 30 seconds the sales manager removed those prices completely. Happy with the process, even happier with the car.
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
XSE blueprint with roof rack, mud guards and and floor mats. Everything included out the door was a little under $33,000. I thought this was a pretty good price.
post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brb_rav4hybrid View Post
Just put a depost down on a Hybrid Limited. Dealership in Oregon was not willing to go under MSRP.Only incentive was the Toyota Military of $500. I also received a quote from Military Auto Sales and only seeing a $600 under MSRP discount.
You might want to try Sam's Club, Costco, or True Car or something like that. You should be able to do way better. The Costco or Sam's Club membership if you don't have one can easily pay for itself, and you can probably just get one online. Sam's club uses Truecar it appears. Just on the splash page, they are boasting "avg savings" of $561 off MSRP, which is better than nothing.
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpedit View Post
Destination charge, $1095, is included. No use including the other fees, IMO, because they're fixed and non-negotiable, they get in the way of comparison for other folks. Perhaps the "dealer prep" can be negotiated in areas where it's a rip off but in California dealers are limited to charging $85.

I feel I got a great deal, especially living in an area where supply is low, demand is high and there are people with disposible income. Some dealers in Southern CA are charging $5k above MSRP. Dealers in the bigger cities just south of me are charging MSRP. The other amazing feature of my deal is that I haggled almost not at all. The dealer offers a very good discount on their website, then goes a bit better when you show up. The vehicle I wanted had a couple options I didn't really want, within 30 seconds the sales manager removed those prices completely. Happy with the process, even happier with the car.
Providing all-in price including these fees is the most accurate way comparing prices as these fees are different at each dealership (my other dealerships in the area charged "non-negotiable dealer prep fees + freight/delivery" but the one I bought it at included it in their price. The only things I paid for on my invoice was the vehicle, tire tax $20, $100 ac tax and GST (Canadian 5% sales tax). No other dealership/prep/freight/pdi fees/etc. All-in price is what matters.
post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimi View Post
Providing all-in price including these fees is the most accurate way comparing prices as these fees are different at each dealership (my other dealerships in the area charged "non-negotiable dealer prep fees + freight/delivery" but the one I bought it at included it in their price. The only things I paid for on my invoice was the vehicle, tire tax $20, $100 ac tax and GST (Canadian 5% sales tax). No other dealership/prep/freight/pdi fees/etc. All-in price is what matters.
Nope. I dissagree. In California some folks will pay close to $1000 extra in sales tax because of where they live. How about a state with far less sales tax? I paid about $900 more in sales tax that you would have for the same vehicle in Canada. Other folks in the south of my state paid $1800 more than you would have. Folks in New Hampshire paid $3600 less than those folks. The dealer can't compensate for that in their pricing and shouldn't be expected to. So out-the-door price is a terrible way to compare. Ditto for all the fees (exception noted below), which vary by state.

As far as the delivery fee, that's included in the MSRP As Built. At least it is on Toyota's site and the dozen dealers I've monitored before purchasing. This is not the raw MSRP of the basic trim level but the one with all the options added in. It appears you have some devious dealers in you area. It certainly should be included in the MSRP for comparisons.

The dealer document fee. Ah, this one does present an issue, at least outside of California. I've seen some outrageous charges for this, I know I won't be buying in Florida for instance. But here in CA, that fee is fixed at $85, everyone pays the same and it's not part of the bargining pool.
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
No deals here. This is from the sales manager at a local dealer in regards to an XSE:
My GM is currently asking MSRP, we have a doc fee of $499, CT sales tax 6.35% and registration is $200.*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement