XSE Advance Technology Requirements - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
XSE Advance Technology Requirements

So I am looking for a 2019 RAV4 XSE and I want the XSE Advanced Technology Package and from the Costco configuration it look like that requires the requires the Entune 3.0 Premium JBL Audio w/Navigation and I am okay with that, but i am being told that even if I special order to with the XSE Advance Technology package i have to get the panoramic roof which I do not want.

That seems weird to me, any one have an order for an XSE with the technology package and no panoramic roof?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Garage
^^^
Probably requires a special order from the factory. You'd want to speak with an actual dealer for that.

2016 Hybrid Limited with ATP.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Garage
Could be local/regional specific, on my dealer's build site I can add the XSE Tech package which adds Premium JBL, but it doesn't add Pano moonroof.

https://specials.vancouvertoyota.com..._(Natl)/#build

2019 XLE Premium AWD

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeknight View Post
So I am looking for a 2019 RAV4 XSE and I want the XSE Advanced Technology Package and from the Costco configuration it look like that requires the requires the Entune 3.0 Premium JBL Audio w/Navigation and I am okay with that, but i am being told that even if I special order to with the XSE Advance Technology package i have to get the panoramic roof which I do not want.

That seems weird to me, any one have an order for an XSE with the technology package and no panoramic roof?

Who's telling you that? I wouldn't be surprised if most of the XSE models with Advanced Tech and Premium JBL did ship with the Pano roof as it is shown as only a $200 extra charge with those two packages. But you're right that the Costco configurator (as well as others I have tried) appears to show the Pano roof as an option. It may be a matter of finding a dealer willing to do a little extra work and order it the way you want.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The info came from someone from someone in the internet sales department at Irvine Toyota (California). I was told to get my color and options I would have to order and wait 8-12 weeks so i would assume that I could get any option configuration that the factory would make.

I did a little more playing with the costco tools and it seems like if you want XSE Advance Technology you have to get the Premium JBL Audio but no Panoramic sunroof, but...
if you choose the Panoramic sunroof you have to get the XSE Advance Technology and the Premium JBL Audio.

So maybe I just need someone to dig a little deeper.

Anyone know of a good Toyota dealer in Orange County Ca that will order me exactly what i want?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeknight View Post
The info came from someone from someone in the internet sales department at Irvine Toyota (California). I was told to get my color and options I would have to order and wait 8-12 weeks so i would assume that I could get any option configuration that the factory would make.

I did a little more playing with the costco tools and it seems like if you want XSE Advance Technology you have to get the Premium JBL Audio but no Panoramic sunroof, but...
if you choose the Panoramic sunroof you have to get the XSE Advance Technology and the Premium JBL Audio.

So maybe I just need someone to dig a little deeper.

Anyone know of a good Toyota dealer in Orange County Ca that will order me exactly what i want?

In the past I have not been overly impressed with Irvine Toyota. They were not at all competitive when I bought my 17 Rav4 XLE HV. They seemed to have a take it or leave it attitude. Now, FWIW, I have a friend who is working with them (somebody thru Costco program) on an Adventure model. I don't know the specifics but he wants a configuration that appears to be available but not common. They are supposedly willing to find it for him via locating a car allocated to the midwest somewhere and then having factory make adjustments for the options he wants. It's an ongoing saga. As for the Costco discount, well, there is one but I don't know how good it is or isn't.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I've ordered an XSE with the tech package, weather package and pano sunroof also through the Costco program in CT. I'm still waiting on a price and a date. I said I didn't need the premium audio/nav package but said I'd take it if it was required. Toyota.com should be updated any day now with the configurator and pricing.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
okay...just wanted to provide an update. It looks like while the Advance Technology package does not require the Panoramic Sunroof....BUT Toyota is not buildings XSE's with Advance Technology and WITHOUT Panoramic Sunroof while the Rav4's are coming from Japan. So from what I can tell its either Advance Tech, Premium Audio & Panoramic Sunroof or wait for the XSE's from Canada
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Same case for the Limited whether hybrid or not. What we don't know is when Rav4s will be coming from Canada. All VINs that I see on dealer's web sites are from Japan.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 08:34 PM

I have kinda wondered, given the late start to the 19 model year, just when the model year 20 will officially start shipping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement