Are dealers stuck with Hybrids? - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

View Poll Results: Are dealers stuck with Hybrids?
Yes 1 4.17%
No 23 95.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Such a shame that you can’t option a limited to have the exterior paint scheme shown in that video...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 938 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
Such a shame that you canít option a limited to have the exterior paint scheme shown in that video...
You can get just about any combination you want with a wrap.

https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/9...op-wheels.html

https://www.rav4world.com/forums/191...roof-wrap.html

2019 XLE Premium AWD
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by idmnstr2 View Post
Folks,

I am glad I started this thread. Thank you all for your comments.

For all of those people that are commenting from Canada. I thought Toyota was upgrading a plant in Canada? Isn't that why you are seeing them first?

Did I hear correctly? All 19 delivered to one dealer are sold already?

Mine is due in Mid May coming into Littleton, Massachusetts. Is that the second group? It was my understanding that the XSEs are first.

I am getting the impression, from these comments, that I will have to pay full price.

Regards,
Jim
Small world, that is the dealer I work at. Acton Toyota Of Littleton
This is the first group of cars to the states and Japan built. Iím guessing they are making their way across the country now. It seems the cars arrived earlier than expected although I have no idea how many ports of entry Toyota uses, how many shiploads, or how many RAVís fit on one ship
The sheet I was shown had no XSE models headed to the North East in the first allotment. We only have a couple of LEís that are not spoken for already. All the higher end ones got scooped up quickly. Is yours one of those?
I canít wait to give one a spin. Really hoping for a quieter overall experience than the gas model. My hunch is if you wait till the 2020 model Toyota will address the noise complaints (at least in gas models) in some fashion. They have to IMHO.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidad View Post
Small world, that is the dealer I work at. Acton Toyota Of Littleton
This is the first group of cars to the states and Japan built. Iím guessing they are making their way across the country now. It seems the cars arrived earlier than expected although I have no idea how many ports of entry Toyota uses, how many shiploads, or how many RAVís fit on one ship
The sheet I was shown had no XSE models headed to the North East in the first allotment. We only have a couple of LEís that are not spoken for already. All the higher end ones got scooped up quickly. Is yours one of those?
I canít wait to give one a spin. Really hoping for a quieter overall experience than the gas model. My hunch is if you wait till the 2020 model Toyota will address the noise complaints (at least in gas models) in some fashion. They have to IMHO.
It is a small world.
I bought my Camry at Acton Toyota.
Quoted my RAV4 there but ended up going back to Prime in Lancaster for a better price.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJoe View Post
Lucky that I am in no hurry. Buying ďsight unseenĒ and untested, plus trying to negotiate price on a vehicle in high demand would be impossible for me to consider.

Changing the subject, if there is no engine or transmission braking when one takes the foot off the throttle, what happens on a long, steep mountain grade? I have driven a Prius for many miles in the past, but never in the mountains, and I donít remember what is available. Is there a manual setting on the RAVH gear selector to engage engine braking? Would hope so.

EJ
I have a 2018 Hybrid, you put it in Eco mode and it will charge the Battery going down a hill (which is the best part!) on a flat road the battery charging will slow the car down gently. Yes,there is a engine braking setting, but I have never used it on the RAV4 or one of my Prius's. It is "+ S -" on the Rav4 shifter, and "B" on the Prius.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
If you search around a little you will find many threads on the hybrid benefits that are not related to MPG. I did not buy mine for MPG savings, which I consider nickels and dimes, but for all the other benefits.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravgolferjack For This Useful Post:
bpedit (Today), pikeviewer (04-02-2019)
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
EVERY review says that there hybrid has a better engine and transmission than the gas rav4 AND it's quieter. So I highly doubt they will sit long at only 800 over gas version.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1190 Post(s)
This is an interesting question. When I bought my '18 leftover Accord Hybrid last week the Honda dealer had three of them on the lot. They still have the other two along with plenty of 2019s. Part of the answer may be they are the Base trims but that's what I wanted since I don't need all today's nanny options. (But I must say once I got the follow distance set right the Automatic Cruise Control works astonishingly well!)
I haven't checked for leftover '18 Hybrid RAV4s at Valenti Toyota, and of course the '18 RAV4 is kind of an orphan, but I do wonder if low gas prices are hurting Hybrid sales.

Fred
2006 RAV4 V6 4WD Barcelona Red Limited - wife's
2018 Accord Hybrid, Blue Pearl - Dr. Dyno's - 47/47 mpg
2003 Odyssey V6 - handy people & cargo mover
1999 F-250 4X4 Diesel - snow plow, Bully Dog chip
2003 F-250 4X4 - eventual replacement for the '99
2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel - truck camper, TS chip, 20' bike/trike dyno trailer
2004 Suzuki DRZ-400S Dual Sport
1968 Volvo 1800S

It's the pedal (or the handgrip) on the right!!

"If you really believe you get what you pay for there's no such thing as a good deal."
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie999 View Post
I'm so tempted to run over to the dealership and order one but wonder, how can you order a vehicle without having seen it OR having test driven it. Is that what others are doing?
Don't know about others, but I have never tested a vehicle before buying it. I ordered our RAVH and the first time I saw one was when my wife drove it home. We ordered it over the internet and had to wait 6 weeks. I bought a new RX H last fall the same way.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:45 PM

Location: New Jersey - north west area where you don't parallel park
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I just picked up a Gun Metal Gray that has some of the black in that video. Not along the top, but the top side rear is black as some of the side of the rear lights. Nothing on the back or front.

The previous RAV4 hybrids did not get the 40/38 highway numbers. I know I would have been interested in the Highlander hybrid. But it gets the same highway as the gas version, and that was proved by R&T on a 400 mile run. These Rav4 hybrids are faster, quieter and more road quiet then the gas Rav4. At least the SE we drove, the wife hated it and how that little engine "could not do it". The salesman said the hybrids are coming in a few weeks, but next week on a whim I saw one in stock at a dealer in the next town. Three hours later my wife bought it. We were looking for a replacement to her Santa Fe Sport 2.0T. Had it nailed down to two cars then tried the Rav4 2.4 gas, that she thought was awful noisy. Then took this hybrid and 3/4 throttled it and smiled. My only want for her new car was Adaptive Cruise Control. This had it and 38 mpg to boot. I have a 2016 Sonata Hybrid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement