Remote start for hybrid? - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
Spoke to the salesman and another "car prep" guy while dropping off my car to fix the memory seat problem. Neither knew about the auto start off the FOB on a 2019 RAV4 hybrid. They also look dumbfounded about he "all windows down" ability.
There is so much new tech in these cars you can't fault the Dealer/Salesperson for not knowing all the features such as autostart and all windows down. When you get a very experienced person who is passionate about there job and then knowledgeable you really have to appreciate that and consider yourself lucky. Most times it just a job for some or they are too busy to put all that time in to learn all. As Consumers i find before you depart with your hard earned money we should do our own die diligence- that's what so great about the internet - such as Rav4World forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieboy67 View Post
I think it's already part of the tech package.
Canada does not get access to Toyota Remote Connect - in any trim.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon View Post
There is so much new tech in these cars you can't fault the Dealer/Salesperson for not knowing all the features such as autostart and all windows down....Most times it just a job for some or they are too busy to put all that time in to learn all.
I disagree. The fact that this is their job is the reason they should thoroughly understand the products they are selling.

How difficult is it to learn how to operate 20 vehicles all made by the same manufacturer? It's not rocket science. I would be embarrassed to sell something that my customer knew more about than I did. If I was a car salesman, I would read the owners manuals cover to cover. I would then drive each car on my time off and learn everything I could about them. I would also belong to forums like this to learn from owners. It doesn't take much effort to educate yourself now days. I'm retired now but while working I took great pride in working as hard as I could to do the best job I could.

Without exaggerating, I probably know more about the products I buy than 90% of the salesman I buy them from.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieboy67 View Post
I think it's already part of the tech package.

AFAIK the entune enabled remote start doesn't work in Canada (as already mentioned) and even if it did I won't pay a subscription for it. Thanks for this reminder to check, it was a last minute add on and I will follow up with the dealer!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Gorgon View Post
There is so much new tech in these cars you can't fault the Dealer/Salesperson for not knowing all the features such as autostart and all windows down....Most times it just a job for some or they are too busy to put all that time in to learn all.
I disagree. The fact that this is their job is the reason they should thoroughly understand the products they are selling.

How difficult is it to learn how to operate 20 vehicles all made by the same manufacturer? It's not rocket science. I would be embarrassed to sell something that my customer knew more about than I did. If I was a car salesman, I would read the owners manuals cover to cover. I would then drive each car on my time off and learn everything I could about them. I would also belong to forums like this to learn from owners. It doesn't take much effort to educate yourself now days. I'm retired now but while working I took great pride in working as hard as I could to do the best job I could.

Without exaggerating, I probably know more about the products I buy than 90% of the salesman I buy them from.
I do agree with you that as a salesperson and that it's your job you should make it a point on work hours or not to learn all there is to know. It does well for your sales and for the dealership. You would rather the person know more about the products than you. Or at least throw some shade on features you had no idea about. Sadly, what i meant to get across is that in my opinion more than 75% of people do not care that much about there jobs to do so.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:09 PM

Location: New Jersey - north west area where you don't parallel park
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
The salesman and prep guy did not know about the "all windows down" feature. It was at the dealers (for 2 days) to fix the Seat Memory and the service department added the all windows down "setting". Yet he said the blinker "tick" could not be adjusted to be louder....
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelB-NJ View Post
Yet he said the blinker "tick" could not be adjusted to be louder....
He's wrong, I changed it to the loudest setting with Techstream on my laptop, makes a definite improvement for my old, abused hearing, shooting guns without hearing protection for the better part of 7 decades!

2019 XLE Premium AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page