Test Drove a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid - Page 12 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.5 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.5 (2019+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJoe View Post
Now we are in the weeds. If there is a separate “score” at some time for the hybrid it would primarily reflect the differences in the drivetrain commentary, which I repeated in my post, word for word. Where did you think CR derived the hybrid comments, by not “reviewing” the hybrid? And did I make it up? What more will a separate review reveal? And who cares, it’s a review, not a catechism.

So it’s easy to see what the reviewers did not “like” in either drivetrain version, and what they thought was better (the hybrid drivetrain), when compared to the gas version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgoodman View Post
Sometime in the past week or so, they must have driven a hybrid model and updated the online review.
From Consumer Reports on line, November 2018: "We rented a RAV4 Adventure and a RAV4 XLE Hybrid to gather our first impressions of this significant new model."

Lets put this all together: They have done a full test of the gas model and also have impressions apparently from renting a hybrid in November. A full test of the hybrid would give a comparative fuel economy number using the same procedure that they use for all of their test vehicles. They would also give a road test score which would presumably be different from the gas model but we don't know how much. If they happen to test a higher trim, the interior might get a better review. The shocks may be different as well since the drivetrain is different. (My hybrid Limited does not feel nearly as stiff as the XLE non-hybrid that I test drove in December).

Eddie Joe: You may not care what a full test of the Hybrid will show but some of us want to see specific scores and comparative data. You cared enough to post the review. We care equally about a full hybrid review.

As an aside, I wonder how they were able to "rent" a hybrid in November. That was the month that they gave test drives to journalists. CR doesn't usually take part in those because of the promotional nature of those events.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
I read the same 2018 review you quote and other than the combined narrative did not find a “separate review”, or a unique hybrid score. If CR does one for the 2019 HV, which is speculative, then they will. Otherwise, what is, is. What doesn’t exist, doesn’t exist. Why not write CR and ask for one?

I also listened again to the video road test for the 2019. Not much love there. I already posted what hybrid assessment they chose to print.

EJ
post #113 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJoe View Post
Why not write CR and ask for one?
I have done so.

post #114 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunken View Post
I have taken a part my door panel and my side mirror (passenger side) and I can confirm to you that the mirror is indeed mounted to a really thin sheet of metal. There is some double plating at a few places, wish I would of taken a picture to better demonstrate. I had a rattling mirror issue that I was able to isolate to 2 loses bolts. After tighting them and adding a little bit of anti vibration pad between the mirror and where I bolt on to the frame, my rattling is gone but I still have a slight vibration, but i'd say it is 90% gone.

From the department of FWIW...My 17 Rav XLE HV was recently sideswiped on the drivers side while parked. Minimal cosmetic damage. You could barely see the door panel was very slightly concave in part of the driver door. I found out they call that a door "skin" and it was replaced rather than repaired. It made me scratch my head to know it wasn't a door panel but merely a "skin", cheaper to replace than repair.
post #115 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Seems odd for CR to rent rather than buy and in time for November publication when dealers are only getting small samples of the Rav4h 2019 in late March. Who would have had rental stock in November?
post #116 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
Seems odd for CR to rent rather than buy and in time for November publication when dealers are only getting small samples of the Rav4h 2019 in late March. Who would have had rental stock in November?
As I said before, they didn’t review the hybrid. Either they haven’t yet, or they won’t, but a couple lines and no scoring isn’t a review.
The Following User Says Thank You to Exit For This Useful Post:
pikeviewer (04-17-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement